Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2015, 05:50 AM   #1
Caseym

Hotel La Jolla

Can anyone recommend a good Hotel where Mama can sit on the beach, kids can go surf/boogie, and dad can launch at La Jolla? Ive done the La Jolla Shores, but theres really no where to stire the yak.
Caseym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
MrPatrick

Stay at the La Jolla shores hotel in front of the launch. You can store the kayak in their underground parking area. I've stayed a course of times and kept my kayak on its wheels locked up to the powerboat down in the garage. Run a cable through a scupper and lock it to the trailer. The boat never moves. The tires are flat and cracked.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
Baja_Traveler

Yep - the Shores is a great place to stay. And their restaurant has great fish tacos too...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #4
Caseym

I guess u just strip it down to nothing. Thanks for the idea. 👍
Old 04-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
bigbarrels

Watch out for the jumpers at Hotel La Jolla . My wife and had one land 50 yards in front of us. I Told my wife to go inside and have a seat (she wasn't quite sure what was going on due to poor lighting) and as I told the guy at the front desk to call 911. He went on to tell me it was the third in the 6 months since he had worked there. He then went on and told me that the last jumper was in room 809. Great dude, that is my room and you just said that in front of my wife. Needless to say ,we got a new room after the bartender told us that the guy from our room wasn't a jumper but actually died in the bed in our room. So we got a new room but ended up driving home anyways. So my wife recommends La Shores hotel. She was a bit traumatized but I work in emergency medicine and I'm use to seeing some crazy stuff. The manager comped us one night on the 10th floor but I had to use it on my own on one fishing excursion .

Last edited by bigbarrels; 04-28-2015 at 08:11 PM.
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #6
Caseym

Yeah they use the Embassy Suites where I work, and I have to go get em too. Thanks ill avoid that hotel....ive heard good things about The Overlook Hotel, especially room 237.