Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 AM   #1
madscientist

11/15AM No rest for the wicked

Picking up the inlaws this afternoon so I figured to make a quick morning run. Launched into the pea soup fog and made some macs, lizards, and dabs. Almost got run down by a lobter boat for the second day in a row, but fortunately he was going sensibly slow and heard my yells. Arne let me know he was hooked up so I headed over to the general area and dropped a mac down on a 3x3 rig (inspired by my striper fishing days back east). 5 minutes later it gets hammered and the fight is on. Big gear this time so its a fairly straightforward ordeal, and 10 minutes later this 18lb unit is bleeding on the deck.

After I secure the fish, Arne is slammed again. 30 minutes later this beautiful specimen is brought up.

We worked with for several minutes before it finally swam back down. Tide slacked and that was it. Mutual photobiyatch duties and landed in surprisingly pumping surf.

Full moon looks to be working its magic. May hit it again tomorrow since I seem to have it dialed in right now and its a fairly precise window when they seem to bite. Better get out there Andy, the jackals are at your heels!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote