Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
Dave I.

Rookie assistant on Sat 3/8

I am new to kayaks and was wondering if some one would be willing to show me the ropes and give advice Saturday morning at LJ.

Dave
Dave I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
Oolie
Headshots Only

finestcityfishing.com
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Dave

Go back through the fishing reports and general discussion sections of this forum. There is plenty of great information on this forum and its there for you to access. You will probably be able to come up with 90% of what you need to be successful. After that you will be able to ask specific questions if you need to fill in the details or clear up any ambiguities. Beyond that it just comes down to getting out there as often as possible.

Good luck
Old 03-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #4
Dave I.

I'm looking for someone who would volunteer to be my " BUDDY " just in case i accidently attemp to kill myself on Launch and Recovery. Don't want to try this on my own.

The other stuff is specific, like locations for getting bait,lure reccommendations, kayak setup changes, small stuff and such I'll ask as they come up.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #5
madscientist

There will probably be a decent crowd Sat so just go for it. Most guys are fishing the same couple of spots so follow the crowd or the boats and you'll be in the right general zone. Lot's of bait and few fish this week. Most yakkers will help out a fellow paddler in trouble so you should be good. Bring $20 and look for the big black guy on the beach and you may have the best first trip ever.

What do you paddle?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #6
aguachico

Dave; join the cash jackpot with me on Sat. We'll have about 10 guys @$20 each. HAve you launched thru surf before? CAn you swim? This isn't the first time on the yak?

I love to talk about fishing and rigging yaks. I'm not much of a fisherman, but you 'll do fine on your own. Sat 0430-0530. $20.

Art
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
Dave I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico View Post
Dave; join the cash jackpot with me on Sat. We'll have about 10 guys @$20 each. HAve you launched thru surf before? NO CAn you swim? YES This isn't the first time on the yak? 2nd

I love to talk about fishing and rigging yaks. I'm not much of a fisherman, but you 'll do fine on your own. Sat 0430-0530. $20.

Art

See you there.

Dave
Old 03-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

This has been said over and over, but it is worth repeating... Stow your gear below deck or tie it down if you haven't launched through surf before. The surf probably won't be big but still people lose stuff at the shores on a daily basis and it is always preventable.

oh yeah, don't fish in the reserve.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #9
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Dave

I just sent you a PM