Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #81
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
All I want to know is how it tasted? Do the small ones taste any better than the big BSB's? I think that "looks like Mexico in the background of the photo", tell the DFG to pound sand.

I used to think the DFG officers were there to protect the resources we all enjoy but between hunting and fishing, it seems they are often looking for a violation. In general, contact with them in the field or on the water just makes you think what might I have done wrong? I feel like my hunting and fishing fees are like taxes, paying for more government pricks to make more laws that they can eventually fine one of us for accidental violation of. I think I need an attorney prior to taking a fish or shooting something these days to ok the shot first, check the area, the season, the sex, can I use a dog on this hunt, can I bait pigs(illegal in California despite them being a nuisance), can I use lead ammo in this area, can I use a barbed hook, how deep can I fish, where can I fish, it a bureaucracy of laws, sub-laws and regulations that is a net to snare one of us even as we attempt to stay on top of the take-laws. Try asking a DFG agent what you can do about seals and sea lions, one said I could use a non-lethal deterrent but another told me I could not harass them as they are a protected sea mammal so a paint ball gun might be an offense. The following site cant even answer the question regarding seals and sea lions.

http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa....ce_methods.pdf )

Everyone here has heard various take-laws on the water from a friend or had a friend miss-id a fish or a buddy that shot a wood-duck or other out of season by a day or two. If the water warms up again we will have to be very diligent on take-laws that may change mid-season or on some odd-fish that ends up here.
I have decided a cattle prod is a good sea lion deterrent
50,000 volts in the water should make them leave me alone.
Harry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:11 PM   #82
2-Stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtesta27 View Post
Native lahontan cutthroat, you gotta put in the work for these......

No power bait allowed.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i been on the water with Dom...stand up dude.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #83
knightnsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
HAHA!! Love the way you think! Looks yummy. You're right, peace officers (cops), DFG, CHP, etc. only care about one thing, CONVICTIONS, because it pays their salary. Plain and simple. Sure a few might have the right intentions when they first join, but with the labor unions, it all goes to shit quick fast and in a hurry. Ever wonder why there's no REAL victim? It's the Judge(commissioner), Prosecution and the cop all ganged up against the defendant (YOU), and they ask you if you're going to waive your constitutional rights in order to enter a plea whether its guilty or not guilty. Why is that? Why do you need to waive your Constitutional rights? Because it's statutory law (contract law) which doesn't have jurisdiction within the confines of the Constitution (civil law). They never have "Corpus Delecti" (which is the injured party, either physically or monetarily), they just have the lame ass claim that you injured the "People of the State of California", which is complete B.S.

At the end of the day I am not sure if I would rather be boarded by the Mexican military while fishing or inspected by a DFG agent, seems like both are fishing for dollars. Last time I hunted quail and had called it a day, I was inspected by the DFG after I had dismantled most of the gun and was cleaning the remaining pieces before placing them in the locking case. I had to re-assemble it for inspection as he claimed someone was shooting too many rounds in the area and was "missing the plug in their shotgun." I am not sure he had the right to inspect my gun at this point as it was already in its Benelli travel case after being mostly cleaned but complied. I hunt Mexico as well and do not use a plug in Mexico a it is not required and now never remove it until home while in California. I just don't trust the agents anymore as another time I was approached by an agent as I hung my thresher over the side and the agents asked what I was dumping over the side as they approached. I really had no idea they were even approaching as I was trying to dispatch the shark versus let it slowly drown. The agent boarded my boat and disagreed that I could catch a thresher in Feb and wanted to see the shark and my license. I showed them both and was "released unharmed" but their boat-side manner has a lot to be desired. They were polite once they realized I had not been dumping any evidence over the side of my boat as they approached. They should not treat us like a criminal until we are acting like one, simply fishing or hunting should not mean that we should be approached as a violator.
knightnsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #84
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
At the end of the day I am not sure if I would rather be boarded by the Mexican military while fishing or inspected by a DFG agent, seems like both are fishing for dollars. Last time I hunted quail and had called it a day, I was inspected by the DFG after I had dismantled most of the gun and was cleaning the remaining pieces before placing them in the locking case. I had to re-assemble it for inspection as he claimed someone was shooting too many rounds in the area and was "missing the plug in their shotgun." I am not sure he had the right to inspect my gun at this point as it was already in its Benelli travel case after being mostly cleaned but complied. I hunt Mexico as well and do not use a plug in Mexico a it is not required and now never remove it until home while in California. I just don't trust the agents anymore as another time I was approached by an agent as I hung my thresher over the side and the agents asked what I was dumping over the side as they approached. I really had no idea they were even approaching as I was trying to dispatch the shark versus let it slowly drown. The agent boarded my boat and disagreed that I could catch a thresher in Feb and wanted to see the shark and my license. I showed them both and was "released unharmed" but their boat-side manner has a lot to be desired. They were polite once they realized I had not been dumping any evidence over the side of my boat as they approached. They should not treat us like a criminal until we are acting like one, simply fishing or hunting should not mean that we should be approached as a violator.

That's just how ALL law enforcement is trained to think (Everyone is a criminal). Just like when I went to Iraq, we were trained to think (EVERYONE is a terrorist), when in reality, WE were the terrorists. That's why more veterans voted for anti-war candidates in 2008 like Obama, and Ron Paul. Obama reneged though. Either way, they all knowingly violate the Constitutions because they operate under color of law. If I ever got a ticket from a DFG officer, I would certainly first subpoena the officer, then file a Demurr to Dismiss the charges under lack of Jurisdiction and if they really pushed the envelope, I'd file criminal charges in federal court against the Dept. of Fish and Game under Title 18 US Code 242 (Deprivation of Rights), since it's clearly underlined in the California Constitution that fishing is a guaranteed right and DFG can only regulate the season & method of take. Know your rights and keep their ass in check. Governments only purpose is to protect Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness....... not to fine us through the wazooo to fund their ridiculous pensions. Remember, if they don't have (Corpus Delecti), then they don't have a case.