Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
NICKWORN

Solo skiff offshore trip

We have roughly 6-10 folks looking to smash out to the N.9bank in search of local tuna. So far plan is to launch from vacation isle boat launch (avoid private boaters traffic at the small ass dock in Dana landing) by first light 5:30 on Sat 17th. We have a safety boat cruising along too. Weather looks great until 11 where winds will pick up to 9-10mph then taper down towards later afternoon.

More to come!! FB page Socal Solo Skiff has thread going.

NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #2
Semper Fi-shing

I'm interested in joining up. What is the address of the launch point?
Old 07-14-2021, 06:38 AM   #3
NICKWORN

Launching at Vacation Isle Boat Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi-shing View Post
I'm interested in joining up. What is the address of the launch point?
We plan on launching at 1st light-5:30am.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #4
FISH11

I'll be ready. Was out looking yesterday further north, but it was a weird day and even though I had great bait and trolled the Nomad DTX a lot, there was no signs of life. Especially bird life. Nice day on the water still and the Solo Skiff is awesome out there, even when the wind picks up, you can still fly over the chop. My big catch was this long piece of rope and 3 Mylar balloons, the rope had been in the water some time. It had a bunch of pincher bug looking animals and tiny crabs living on it. I was glad I got it out before some whale or Dolphin got wrapped up in it. I HATE MYLAR! The Solo Skiff is AWESOME!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LJ Rope piece.jpg (49.3 KB, 191 views)
Old 07-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #5
NICKWORN

See ya Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
I'll be ready. Was out looking yesterday further north, but it was a weird day and even though I had great bait and trolled the Nomad DTX a lot, there was no signs of life. Especially bird life. Nice day on the water still and the Solo Skiff is awesome out there, even when the wind picks up, you can still fly over the chop. My big catch was this long piece of rope and 3 Mylar balloons, the rope had been in the water some time. It had a bunch of pincher bug looking animals and tiny crabs living on it. I was glad I got it out before some whale or Dolphin got wrapped up in it. I HATE MYLAR! The Solo Skiff is AWESOME!
Old 07-14-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
f'nsabiki

I live in Cardiff and there are 30+ boats at night--every night for the last week. Do what ever you can to be visible. According to WON most fish are being caught on Colt Snipers and similar jigs. Good Luck!!
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote