Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Billy V

A short story from Wednesday @ Lj

Sometimes sh!t happens at precisely the right moment - its rare, but if your lucky the sun may shine on your a$$ once in a great while.

-So there I was anchored up on just the right gps spot. Flylining 2 rods off the stern corners with a balloon set up floating down the middle.
The current was down and in, and everything was exactly in the position I wanted..... when all of a sudden what comes along ???

An ecotour of 12 tandem kayaks paddling out of the reserve and heading right through my spectra flylines.
-Ain't that a son-of a-btch.

Figuring that these knuckle heads weren't blind, and could see my large white balloon, I held all lines in position..... but nooo, these dbags were going to tempt fate and forged on.

-Just then- as the first of the ecoPeople approached Kelp Cutter 1 with the armada in tow behind him.... The Balloon goes off! Screaming reel!

I shout, "Here We Go!" 2 seconds later I engage the reel and set the big 7/0 hook. Total bendo on the Seeker 670, drag screaming, spectra whistling, and running just outside the kelp line I had a high degree of confidence this would be good. - I hand off the rod and begin clearing the flylines.

The armada chokes up! Panic stricken, and nowhere to go. I could hear someone giving directions, "Turn this Way" , "Paddle over here" , but it was useless as they were frozen in the time.

-At that very moment a full grown knot head comes bounding out of the water in spectacular fashion. "Holy Sh!t" , I said to myself, this is beautiful.
Poetic justice.
This thing must have been part Marlin because he made several full body breaches right there - front row center for the ecoPeople to see.

-I could hear the mewlings from some of the patrons of the sea. The expressions of horror that will not soon be forgotten

The glazed look of shock upon their face, as if death were approaching each and every one of them individually.
Priceless.

My fishing partner said to me, "He's going to spool me" .... as I watched the the faces of the audience who were transfixed on the acrobat mammal.
-----------
I asked for the rod back and pushed the lever to full, nothing happened, I couldn't break him. So I pinned both thumbs on the spool and pointed the rod at the dog.

Snap! the fluro lets go, and I say to the crowd.

"Shows Over Folks, and that Concludes Our Tour.
Thank You for Coming.
"
Old 01-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
dorado50

Classic Billy!! I bet the tourists had alot to talk about on their way back to the valley.....next time charge admission
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
lbsurf2ca

Haha !!!Awesome!
Old 01-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
GregAndrew

LMAO
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

The secret furbag rig! Might need to write an article for that one. Definitely start charging for wildlife tours,"You'll get so close you'll think your at Sea World!" World Famous Billy the Seal Tamer
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
WahooUSMA

LMFAO!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
blitzburgh

ROLMAO!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #8
Drake

Awesme story, well written. Great laugh
Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #9
mtnbykr2

Perfect....well done, perfect timing...you should have had your Tour Bus cap on...