Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-15-2016, 04:23 AM   #61
MrPukaShell

Jack,

Make sure when you get the go ahead to make your appointment check all of the locations. Calexico and the shortest wait from what I saw. I will be saving two months by driving to Calexico to do my interview from doing it in Los Angeles. Not sure if I will be traveling to Mexico in the time but I know I will be flying to the TSA Pre-Check will be nice to have.

Good Luck with the process.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by defjack View Post
Just sent an application in for my Sentri pass.
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #62
Mahigeer

Looks like I will be missing this trip.

I will be in Canada for some dry fly fishing around a town called Fernie in BC.

Elk Valley River and its tributaries to be more precise.

I will be gone from July31-August 17th.

I will be taking the train again, and now that I know my way around, it promises to be a fantastic trip.

Barring any grizzly bear attacks!
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #63
MrPukaShell

Update: The wife and I made the drive down to Calexico for our appointment. Mine was at 1:30 and the wife at 2:00. We checked in at 1:11 and were given some paperwork to fill out. Basic questions 2 pages long and headed for room 2. Room 2 was crowded and I thought we were going to be there for a while. We were there for 10 minutes or so and they called the wife first and me second. They take your picture and fingerprints. We were out of there and in the car by 1:40. The process was quick. The only hard part for us was finding the place. It is actually at the Border crossing station at the "East" crossing. I believe the Highway is #7. I will let you know when I receive my card in the mail. From then on it will be the short line for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Give you folks an update on my Global Entry process. Filled out the forms online at the GOES website. They approved our applications yesterday and I scheduled our interviews in Calexico for 12/8/2016. If I scheduled in Los Angeles it was May 15th. San Diego was in January or February. Will let you know how the interview went when it is done.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 AM   #64
YakDout
Brandon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Update: The wife and I made the drive down to Calexico for our appointment. Mine was at 1:30 and the wife at 2:00. We checked in at 1:11 and were given some paperwork to fill out. Basic questions 2 pages long and headed for room 2. Room 2 was crowded and I thought we were going to be there for a while. We were there for 10 minutes or so and they called the wife first and me second. They take your picture and fingerprints. We were out of there and in the car by 1:40. The process was quick. The only hard part for us was finding the place. It is actually at the Border crossing station at the "East" crossing. I believe the Highway is #7. I will let you know when I receive my card in the mail. From then on it will be the short line for me.
Seems like there are many here going the sentri route, which is great. Anyone who wants to catch a ride with me to Baja will have to have a sentri, otherwise it would be pointless to have the sentri. Robert you are welcome to catch a ride with me anytime. And that goes for any of you who are getting the sentri or already have it. I am starting a new job in two weeks, and expect to be very busy next year so we will see how many times I make it down.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #65
Mahigeer

Good news Robert and thanks for the post.

Best wishes on the new job Yakdout.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:44 AM   #66
PapaDave

Okay, where do I get info on the Dec 26-Jan 01 trip?
Old 12-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #67
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
Okay, where do I get info on the Dec 26-Jan 01 trip?
On thre NEW YEARS trip post.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:34 PM   #68
Sivak

Quote:

Robert, they placed a CBP sticker on the last page of your passport. I was told by the agent this makes your global entry effective immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:39 AM   #69
MrPukaShell

No sticker in either of our passports. I should have asked he just said the card would be to us on 4 or so weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivak View Post
Robert, they placed a CBP sticker on the last page of your passport. I was told by the agent this makes your global entry effective immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2017, 02:55 PM   #70
MrPukaShell

Quote:
Update: I am now enrolled in the Trusted Traveler program with SENTRI. Started the process on November 12th. Interview on 12/8. Approved on 12/19 according to an email and my GOES account. Card received last week of December (Use a PO Box and don't get there daily). Activated the card in my GOES account on 1/2. For me the process was about 7 weeks. Told the wife we are going to get some shrimp.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #71
Mahigeer

Seven weeks. Wow!
Old 01-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #72
Sivak

Quote:
Update: I am now enrolled in the Trusted Traveler program with SENTRI. Started the process on November 12th. Interview on 12/8. Approved on 12/19 according to an email and my GOES account. Card received last week of December (Use a PO Box and don't get there daily). Activated the card in my GOES account on 1/2. For me the process was about 7 weeks. Told the wife we are going to get some shrimp.
Congrats amigo!
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #73
makobob
Baitless on Baja

List updated to include friend of Mike Scales. Fish-on-bro WELCOME aboard. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-13-2017, 06:45 PM   #74
MrPukaShell

Hey Bob and welcome back. Can you add me for week 1 too? Thanks will be talking to you soon
Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #75
fish-on-bro
Junior

Thanks Bob, looking forward to a once in a lifetime trip.

Fish-on-bro....
fish-on-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:35 AM   #76
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Week two is FULL, sorry going to be difficult to cook in camp with s0 many. Restaurant is not a problem. Beach camping not a problem. Gonna be FUN fishing.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 05-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #77
Mike scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish-on-bro View Post
Thanks Bob, looking forward to a once in a lifetime trip.

Fish-on-bro....
Alright! Going to be a blast!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #78
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Ok guy's it is less then 90 days away, time to CONFIRM that you are going and choose someone to double up with for a nights meal. We may need to do threesomes this year. Tight Lines amigos

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 07-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #79
domtesta27

confirmation

Bob please have me confirmed for this trip! cant wait to see everybody again and hopefully we can actually fish together this time!

I have been really working on getting my gear game together and I will not be losing any more trophy roosters this year.

If anyone is interested in splitting dinner with me let me know so we can start planning it out, also open to bringing fresh fish to have them cook for us for dinner as well.
domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #80
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtesta27 View Post
Bob please have me confirmed for this trip! cant wait to see everybody again and hopefully we can actually fish together this time!

I have been really working on getting my gear game together and I will not be losing any more trophy roosters this year.

If anyone is interested in splitting dinner with me let me know so we can start planning it out, also open to bringing fresh fish to have them cook for us for dinner as well.
CONFIRMED

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN