Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #141
bubblehide

Over the top

What can I say, incredible food, and a great bunch of guys. It was a blast.

Yep, like everyone else, I look forward to the next one.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #142
ful-rac
Emperor

Thanks to everyone that showed up! when i get a chance i will write something up tomorrow. Im sure jorge will post up some pictures as well. Gonna finish up a new video on monday so stay tuned.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #143
ericko

A BIG thanks to Tony and the rest of the fellas and Heather for making this can't miss event!!!

ChuckD how bout them Patriots weekend only got better with a great game .
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #144
Cbad Mike

I'm still stuffed!!!
Awesome food and time with awesome guys.
Lots of laughs!

Thanks for including me.

PS. When I find out which one of you f$cked my dog I'm going to kill you.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:02 PM   #145
kayakfisherman

Wow,

I still have a warm and fuzzy feeling from yesterday. The stories,
the fun and the freakin' kick ass food!!! Tony, you're a great
organizer, and Bwana, you're one hellava fisherman!!

Wish I could have spent the night, but then again, I might
have missed the yellow-thing-a-ma-bob...
kayakfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:24 AM   #146
Chuck D

Man, the dump I took after this weekend was EPIC! Always great seeing those familiar faces and just as amazing meeting those new faces. Great being out there with good food, fishing and great people. HOW BOUT THEM PATS ERIC!!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHH BOYEEEEE! 4 Rings!

What a great weekend. Special thank to Tony taking the time to put it all together, till next time friends!
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:18 AM   #147
ful-rac
Emperor

Thanks, Everybody!

Well here we are on the "6" of this trip, thanks to everyone for showing up, I don't know about anybody else but I had a great time! I know we didn't catch any yellowtail or seabass or halibut on this trip.... but it's not always about catching a glory fish. As corny as it sounds...it's really about the, "people". Spending time with other kayak fisherman, sharing stories, enjoying good eats...complaining about, "somebody that snores" too loud....

Special congrats to Mike (Bwana) for catching the biggest stringer and the biggest fish! Also for donating his winnings to Paul Lebowitz and his family for his son James. A total of $170 we raised!

Thank you!:

Jorge: Taking pictures, suppling lobster
Roby: for making Irvine lake's best breakfast
Jim : awesome edamame, fried rice and chicken!
Erick: tasty chicken breast! even approved by yani
John: John's burgers and pies!
Chuck: Always good to have chuck d! Halibut dip was great!
Mike: The always entertaining cbad mike!
Sven: Your elk sausage was great! Can't believe you made it yourself!
Gary: Definitely went above and beyond! In so many ways! The soup was great, everybody loved it! All 10 gallons of it! Thanks for bringing all that firewood. We could have started to build up some walls for the team sewer log cabin right there!
Mike: The Champ! Just so you know your buy'n next time! The eggs were awesome! Finished them off later that afternoon.
Caden: Thanks for showing up late buddy! Your a good man caden! I don't care what Greg says about you.
Todd: Another great dude that went above and beyond! He brought his full sized grill, and also co-made Irvine lakes best breakfast in the mornings.
Joe: Uh....Thanks for fix'n todds truck....! Love those stickers Joe! If anybody needs some stickers...make sure you call joe, he does a great job!
Jaime: The ribs were great Jaime! I'm glad you went camping for your first time with us, and had your first lobster with us.
Steve & Heather: Always awesome to hang out with steve! We all got some quality time with steve and his daughter!
Bill: Everything you brought was amazing! The easy green salad was definitely the star of the show! Who would have thought!?
Yani: The best yellowfin tuna salad on homemade bread possibly "EVER!" Also thanks to Yani's wife for letting him make all that racket baking bread in the morning, and letting us borrow him for the afternoon on such an important day.
John: Too bad you didn't get to spend more time with us, thanks for the firewood...too bad they didn't let us burn it that night...You gotta tell Jerry to make an exception for us next time.

Jason (Hellster): I don't know what happened to you...I know you made it to the lake...Seems like you never found us. We were kinda hard to miss....in any case thanks for at least showing, too bad we didn't get to finally meet you, well maybe next time.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #148
jorluivil

6th? Hell, I thought it was like the 3rd. Time flies when you're having fun!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #149
cell128
lizard king

Thanks for making this happen team sewer and everyone involved. Everyone there was awesome and the food was amazing. To top it off I wasn't molested at the midnight hour. At least I believe I wasn't....
cell128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:31 PM   #150
landwhale

Heather and I had a great time the camaraderie was super the stories around the gas fire pit sidesplitting all the food was exceptional. Thanks Tony for putting this together and having us join the Sewer boys for such a fun time, looking forward to the next one

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #151
Caden
Homeless will fish 4 food

Sorry to come late but im glad to have made it, have a blast like always and good to see old faces and new faces, nice to meet u all, cant wait for next one. Fishing report, me and my son we catch 2 but went home with 7 fish. thanks to team roby Thanks all
baytuber tournament San Onofre state beach 3/1/15. Let come out kayakfishing man
Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #152
bubblehide

It's no trout

Hey, I thought I'd share this with you guys. A buddy of mine came to the lake Sunday morning with his daughter and a friend of hers; so I joined them and fished with them. It just so happened that he hooked a fish of a lifetime, on trout gear. He spent at least 45 minutes fighting it, and landed it. I did however net the fish, and drag it on shore (I couldn't lift the thing out of the water, for fear of breaking the net). here's the pic:

This it it, right before the release.

bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #153
jorluivil

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 AM   #154
tsugg
LOWSPARK

Thanks

Great pics thanks for sharing them.
tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:12 AM   #155
farmer

Irvine Lake

Thanks Tony George Roby for hosting a good time enjoyed meeting some new people and lots of stories food was great look forward to doing it again Thanks again
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:35 AM   #156
fishing md

Tony Gorge Roby you guy's put a lot of time on this one, and i like to say thank you for everything....

It's always cool to talk/fish with people that share the same passion

as me.. every body was real cool.... food was BAD ASS

best tuna sandwich,fish soup,bean soup ETC.ETC.ETC. THANK YOU GUY'S

IT WAS A BLAST.

who was driving with this sticker on the freeway????????????????

fishing md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #157
INGRIDSDAD

Thanks to Team Sewer for putting together a great weekend. Great bunch of guys that put on an epic spread of food.
Good to see some familiar faces and make some new friends.

Congrats to Mike on winning the trophy with his big rainbow.
INGRIDSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #158
bwana

Candy-gram

During the middle of Friday night I am awaken by the sound of someone trying to open the door to my trailer. I reach for my .40 before realizing the door is locked.

I call out who is there? I hear flowers. Flowers for whom? Then the voice says plumber. I didn't call a plumber. Then I hear Candy-gram. Go away. Landshark. Then I recognize the voice as one of the Team Sewer boys. I tell them to get lost, try Cbadmike, he’s in the next tent over.

A short time later I awake to an eerie howl. Then another and another. There are at least three separate voices howling very loudly close by. The howls turn to yips. I am starting to feel bad for Cbadmike when I realize those are coyotes in camp.

The lake fought me hard all day Saturday. She teased me with a quick trout, then beat me up with four back to back lost fish. One broke my Shimano reel’s bail, a big one ripped the treble hook right off the O ring on a new lure right at the net, one ripped the pole out of my rod holder and the other I just blew it.

The wind starts to howl and I notice all the kayaks head for the barn, followed by most of the boats.

I can’t quit with just one fish so I stay out and try to catch another fish or two. I head over to the red cliffs to duck out of the wind. The water is deeper there close to shore. One lure is running at about 4-5 feet, and the other bumps the bottom at 7 feet. As I am hugging the shore, a boat is anchored close to shore up ahead so I have to start heading away from the protection of the cliffs to go around him. Just then I get hit, continue to paddle forward to set the hook, then my kayak gets spun around. Wow finally a nice one. I quickly reel in the other line and get the net ready all the while trying to keep tension on this fish. When I see the fish, I start to wonder how am I going to lose this one! What calamity is going to fall on me this time? I try to net him and my net is too small for the task. Finally get him on board and the lure pops out of his mouth. Look around for another kayaker to get that on-the-water shot of my new PB trout, but none are around.

Paddle to shore and take this picture...

Tried to keep fishing to add another to the stringer, but now the wind is really howling. I am having trouble just paddling in, fighting to stay upright. Finally get upwind of my launching point and rode the wind in using the paddle as a rudder. GPS is showing 3.5 to 5 MPH without paddling. Land in small waves and think to myself, thank goodness Jorge isn’t trying to land in this surf.

Thank you Team Sewer for putting us all together. I was nervous at first as I was the fresh bait new guy amongst a large group of friends. As everyone has already said, food and camaraderie were incredible. I made new friends I hope to fish/hunt with soon. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My only regrets were 1) not entering the Irvine Lake’s Bites On fishing contest as Todd said my trout would have won first place, and 2) staying out on the lake while everyone was woofing down Yani’s Tuna sandwiches. He said he saved me one, but some people had two. Whoever that was – you owe me big time! I also missed Roby’s lunch burgers.

Congratulations Todd on winning 2nd place in the Bites On fishing contest!
bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #159
ful-rac
Emperor

You snooze...you lose CHAMP!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #160
Deamon

You only get to take a picture with it if you are the king of a sewer tourney...congrats! From all of us who ate two of Yani's sandwich's, we took a vote to see if we owed you. The vote was 7-0 with a big from each of us...Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote