Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
dorf

FINALLY

It took a couple of tries but I finally got my first but of he year.
My buddy Alex calls me up this am and says "lets put the yaks in the water when I get off work." I say sure.

About 10:30 he calls and say lets get going the Buts are going off in the harbor. I already had my gear loaded and I set of to meet him in "THE SPOT".

We met up at the launch and head out to get some bait.

Stupid me I forgot my bait tube But I did manage to bring Alex's bait bucket. Load up on some not so lively sardines. I shouldn't complain because the first one I drop I pull up a nice sized skulpin.

Then some Jack Ass didn't put the lid all of the way back on the bait bucket that Alex was towing. I tried to make up for that mistake with a cold Carona.

We head to one of our hot spots and get hit by little ones. Alex is getting raped by the little ones until he actually pulls one up.

After drifting around I feel a pull but not sure if it is my drift pulling my line so I give out a little more. I watch and wait and then BENDO!

It gives me a good fight and I reach for the gaff (I've been waiting for this for a while). When I get it to the side I drop the gaff (was questionable on the length)and plop it into the boat. As it flops around it actually get a chunk og my let. I get the tape out and measure it at 23". KEEPER! It wasn't until I got off the water that I could get a good measurement (just to make sure) and it came out at 24".

Got home cleaned it up, marinated 1/2 of it in my special season and flat pan grilled it. Set over some spicey pasta and enjoyed with a cold Carona.

Great day.
Water temp: 64
windy on the incoming tide.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
yani

Congrats Dorf,

This is just the beginning.

Yani

Old 05-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
lamb

nice!