Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
fishchaser25

JL T

OK guys here it goes.....

On the water by 6am and in front of scrips making bait by 7am. make bait bla bla bla. get to my spot and put a greeni on the low rig and a X rap on the other. within 20 min i get hit on the greeni and i new he tail slapped it so i grab the X rap and bring it in when the T shark comes back for his meal and my reel starts singing that beautiful song. so i put it in gear and set the hook to pure power. I new this fish was big then I see him come rocketing out of the water and i would guess it was at least 125# 130#. after about an hour it comes to the yak and i am tryin to get a tail line on it when it wakes up and makes one last run. My line gets tangled on the tip of my rod and i hear the horrible sound SNAP!
after gettin retied and back in the action i get hit again and this time it was in the X rap. after a coupla of jumps and some hard runs i bring a nice pup kay side for a quick release. start trollin again and after about 30 min i get slammed again and on the greeni this one came strait to the boat and made for a quick release on another pup. start trollin again and about 15 min later wam my greeni gets hit again and the rod starts singing. while im fighting the fish i notice T man is headed over for the assist and not a moment to soon. after a long fight and a lot of circles i was a little dizzy but i new the fight was almost over. i get a tail line on it and victory is mine. then about 5 min after i land mine T man is bendo and his looks bigger. so i stick around for the assist and about an hour later his is on the kay. the only thing that sucked was that the fish pulled us about a 1/2 mile in the wrong direction
Just want to say thanks to Adam and Dave for the heads up. and thanks to T man and your friend for the assist and photos. Thanks guys.

see you out there on Monday Adam

Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
T-Rex

Good work & congrats on a couple of nice T's. Always nice to get an assist!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
frugalfisher

Nice Work!

Way to go! I would love to catch one of those.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
yakrider

what a cool day...

I have never landed a T...yet...

what size line...leader...etc...

congrtats on the nice double...
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
herbo

Great report with pics, must have been a helluva sleigh ride!!..... H
Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Nice hangin' out with ya Chris...I needed to get on the water and kill something, Fishcatcher with 2 fractured wrists means no fishing buddy...Friday was the day, launched late with a buddy with hopes of finding the cousin to one of my earlier escapades...I was trolling around when I came upon this guy waving his arm screaming like a girl..."I need help"...just kidding, turns out he didn't need any help, just wanted someone to chat with while he roped his thresher and be his photo beyotch .
Offered me his wire leader and a mac to get one as I had just gotten out on the water. Always nice to meet bros like that...told him I would just troll my rapala in :shock: mac pattern.
Trolled away from Chris, not 5 minutes late I am on, tail hooked style.
Got to see the T leap 3 times, but instead of pulling, he chose to dive...over and over.
Finally got him to color, and put the ol' bowline knot to the tail.
Long paddle in and didn't realize how far we were from the launch, arms sore and blood seeping thru the scuppers. Had Whitey come along, I would've fed him.
Tried to weigh him with a 60# scale, barely got his head up off the driveway.
Had fun Chris, can't wait to fish with ya again...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:47 AM   #7
bajadog
I eats what I kills

Old 05-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
metalbob
King of Constipation

Nicely done...
metalbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
crzyboy180
Junior

Nice job on the double, guys. Having support is the key. Anyone get those bad boys weights?
Joe
crzyboy180 is offline   Reply With Quote