Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #1
dorf

SD Harbour 18 May

Launched out of SI Sunday late during the dropping tide. Plan was to head to the bait barge to get a tube of SM and drift for the flatties. Just for S&G I toss out my favorite green Fish Trap and let it drop to the bottom (20'). Bounce, bounce bendo. Pull up a 20 inch but. Toss him back and hope for more in the area but unfortunately this guy destroyed my last Green FT. I bite off the head end and re-set on a smaller lead head and give it a half hearted toss out for nothing.

I head out the barge to get a tube full. Those guys hooked me up with a full tube but they didn't seam too lively. I drop one down and toss out my short FT and BAM I get hit and bring in a short Spottie. This goes on for a while with nothing hitting my live bait. Everything was going after my plastics.

I hung out around the bait barge just to watch the show of Ass Hats thinking they can get over on the U.S. Navy. I saw at least 5 boats get inside the 350 zone. I even saw one guy get close enogh to one of the piers to push off with his hands. When Naval Security came along side (after he moved out) he tried to act as if he wasn't in the zone. That was entertaining. What wasn't entertaining was trying to avoid the Jack Asses that were out for their fair weather "Show off what my boat can do" bay trip. There were so many boats on the water that were over load it wasn't funny.

I drifted back to the shoal where the spoties were abundant. After nearly getting hit by two boaters and a jet ski I called it a day.

Other the Ass Hats and Jack Asses it was a beutiful day on the water.

Sorry no pics.

Score (C&R):
6 spoties
1 but
Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 AM   #2
bajadog
I eats what I kills

Nice report...

Almost wish they would require drivers training and licenses for PWC and boats.