Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

8/30/07

Well headed north hoping for flatness.......and well technically I found it....albeit extremely small flatness....

couldn't make bait at the pier or north of the pier to save my life, I made exactly one piece which got picked up by a cormorant and destroyed,so finally resigned myself to going to the kelp around 9ish. Made 2 quick spanish and trolled around all por nada...then I see the dolphin coming on over and I am just thinking it isn't gonna be a good scene.....well holy shnikees!!!!

The Capt. eased his boat in so damn gently I could barely feel his wake, then, then, then, one of his deckys offers to give me some bait?! By far my coolest experience with the dolphin yet!!! The Capt. saw me taking pics and took some back in return, probably thinking I was gonna bash him on a forum, well I gotta say "Thanks Man!" awfully nice of you boys to offer some bait. I said "thanks, I'm okay to the bait" but pretty damn cool offer. Ran into Gary Sullivan, who passed me one of his baits, thanks Gary and thanks for the jimijig too, I will be giving it a try tomorrow for sure! Well fished a while longer all for nothing! Maybe tomorrow....
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
madscientist

Nice report Matt. Good to see the dolphin finally behaving in a civilized manner. Honestly, it's been quite some time since I was buzzed, though I know others who have been. Let's hope they continue the friendly vibe.

Oh yeah, I found a hali as well. Just a hair bigger....
Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
h2ofishfo

wow it looked nic out there from the pic & maybe the dolphin was using bait as the draw & seal bombs for the kill ha that koo of them
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:41 AM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Good seeing you Matt, bait was tough! fishing even tougher! weather was as good as it gets
Old 08-31-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
dorado50

Hey Matt, I was out at the condo area most of the morning, but did'nt see you. I wished I had cause I had a tankfull of spanish, and would have forced some on you! I could'nt get past the barries and bonitos, very thick. Lots and lots of bait out there thur. morning. Later.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 AM   #6
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Good seeing you Matt, bait was tough! fishing even tougher! weather was as good as it gets
Shouldn't you be up N running operations????
Thought we got rid of you so some of us mere mortals could have a chance to catch some fishies...
Fishcatcher will be in the tourney, doing it solo...bring camera....

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
yellowtail55
The Highlander

What was the water visibility? I might try divin' it tomorrow.
yellowtail55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:14 PM   #8
Matt
Support your local pangas

D-50,

there was awhile there I would have given you every fricking dollar in my wallet for just one of those spanish!!! Spanish always has worked well for me!!! See my sub for the month!! La seriola habla espanol muy bueno!
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote