Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Blem sale come ups.

It is just about 4pm now, and i just got home from work. After waking up at 2am, to sitting in the cold from 3am-715am sunrise, I can finally rest

My girlfriend & I picked up two kayaks that we were after. We got lucky, real lucky.

Grabbed a Pro 2 Tandem with just a dime size weld on the near the bow, & a Pro Explorer with a "thin seat" that still feels solid.

But the biggest blem upset on the Pro Explorer would be this:

Other than that, we welcome these yaks to our fleet.

Also it was chill talking to those in line. Made time go by just a bit.

Post up what you took home. See you guys on the salt!
#DropLuresNotBait
FishRaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

.....I met a lot of cool people and I talked to everyone I could.....was there since 5am.....I was that fool in the walker.....so stoked I picked up a pro explorer f n d.....thanks Andy for the hard work....and to everyone else involved....sea you all on the drink
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "

Last edited by Squid Vicious; 11-02-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Witty1

picked up two X-factors (grey & oj... I wasn't picky about the colors so I basically asked everyone in the front what they wanted and picked what was left)
one for myself and one from my best bud in NorCal, he gets the oj one... He couldn't make the drive and I sorta owed him a HUGE favor; so I grabbed one for him.
(The huge favor was... he gave me a hang glider.... yes a hang glider!)

Got there early and was pleasantly surprised to see only a handful people waiting.
Witty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
.....I met a lot of cool people and I talked to everyone I could.....was there since 5am.....I was that fool in the walker.....so stoked I picked up a pro explorer f n d.....thanks Andy for the hard work....and to everyone else involved....sea you all on the drink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty1 View Post
picked up two X-factors (grey & oj... I wasn't picky about the colors so I basically asked everyone in the front what they wanted and picked what was left)
one for myself and one from my best bud in NorCal, he gets the oj one... He couldn't make the drive and I sorta owed him a HUGE favor; so I grabbed one for him.
(The huge favor was... he gave me a hang glider.... yes a hang glider!)

Got there early and was pleasantly surprised to see only a handful people waiting.
It was nice meeting you fellas, glad we all got what we came for. Cant wait to get ours rigged up.
#DropLuresNotBait
Old 11-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
dbarnett66
Danodog

I was the fat guy buying an xfactor or stealth for my 12 yer old son. It turns out that I managed to get a blue/black camo stealth 14 for him. Now I have a fishing buddy. Only problem is that my 8 year old son isn't to pleased. I told him that would get one for him next year. It was a pleasure talking to the guys in line. I hope that everyone got what they wanted.

There was a guy in front of me that I felt bad for. He was talking to his son about the kayak tag that he just pulled. They were talking about the fun times ahead and when he presented the tag, he had the white not yellow. He ended up leaving with a disappointed kid. I hope something comes his way.

Last edited by dbarnett66; 11-03-2013 at 07:08 PM.
dbarnett66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #6
kiyo21

Hey ALL!

nice to meet you guys, had fun and lucky i got what i went for. I took home the Sand Xfactor, and my dad got the spider angler seat for his old ass
well hope to see you guys on the water some time!

I'll probably be at oxe all the time now getting everything to i need to rig, here i come Andy!

good luck all!
kiyo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
Sdspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnett66 View Post
I was the fat guy buying an xfactor or stealth for my son. It turns out that I managed to get a blue/black camo stealth 14 for him. Now I have a fishing buddy. Only problem is that my 8 year old son isn't to pleased. I told him that would get one for him next year. It was a pleasure talking to the guys in line. I hope that everyone got what they wanted.

There was a guy in front of me that I felt bad for. He was talking to his son about the kayak tag that he just pulled. They were talking about the fun times ahead and when he presented the tag, he had the white not yellow. He ended up leaving with a disappointed kid. I hope something comes his way.
And ya had his sweatshirt all day too
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
I was the fat guy buying an xfactor or stealth for my son. It turns out that I managed to get a blue/black camo stealth 14 for him. Now I have a fishing buddy. Only problem is that my 8 year old son isn't to pleased. I told him that would get one for him next year. It was a pleasure talking to the guys in line. I hope that everyone got what they wanted.

A Stealth 14? Who wouldnt be pleased with?! Hopefully he'll grow onto it. And thats unfortunate for the other guys Andy put out good instructions before that gate opened up.
#DropLuresNotBait
Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Sdspeed

Anybody that went yesterday do you think there's enough inventory left to have a San Diego Sale like last year?
Sdspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArvil View Post
A Stealth 14? Who wouldnt be pleased with?! Hopefully he'll grow onto it. And thats unfortunate for the other guys Andy put out good instructions before that gate opened up.
The Stealth 14 is for my 12 year old son. My 8 year old son is a little jealous right now. His day will happen in the next year.

I agree that Andy did give good instructions. Just felt bad for them after the frenzy and having high hopes. I am sure that they will find something in the future. Deals always come up somewhere.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
dbarnett66
Danodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdspeed View Post
Anybody that went yesterday do you think there's enough inventory left to have a San Diego Sale like last year?

I left early, so I couldn't tell you. It looked like the xfactors and stealth 14s got hammered during my time there. Lot's of mini-x's where there when I left.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Siebler

Last years San Diego sale was built off of not only leftover inventory but also new inventory. Brent and I discussed briefly a SD sale this morning and will discuss more in coming weeks. Biggest issue will be a likely location change as the city percentages and permits for the Mission Bay store make it hard to hold a sale on boats where there is very little to no margin.

Stay tuned though, BWE is always the first to know and I will make announcement when we figure it all out.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
The Stealth 14 is for my 12 year old son. My 8 year old son is a little jealous right now. His day will happen in the next year.

I agree that Andy did give good instructions. Just felt bad for them after the frenzy and having high hopes. I am sure that they will find something in the future. Deals always come up somewhere.
Still an awesome dad, to sit in the cold with only a tshirt & shorts on!
#DropLuresNotBait
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #14
OEX Sunset Beach

Thanks to all of you that came out and made this a big success! I think a 12 hour wait for the gate to open is a new record
OEX Sunset Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEX Sunset Beach View Post
Thanks to all of you that came out and made this a big success! I think a 12 hour wait for the gate to open is a new record
12.5 hours, to be exact! Those guys are crazy, but sure was worth it for them.

Thanks for a well organized sale guys!
#DropLuresNotBait
Old 11-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
kiyo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEX Sunset Beach View Post
Quote:
12.5 hours, to be exact! Those guys are crazy, but sure was worth it for them.

Thanks for a well organized sale guys!

Talked to some family and we all agree, we got them beat at the next sale! record here we come!

p.s. i need my spider seat now
kiyo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #17
Witty1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo21 View Post
Talked to some family and we all agree, we got them beat at the next sale! record here we come!

p.s. i need my spider seat now
If you're looking for the spider angler seat...
Wayfair has them for a discounted price.

A couple days ago they were $63 ish.. yesterday $65
today $7x.00...
The prices fluctuates a lot.

http://www.wayfair.com/COD-Paddlespo...=8&dept=0&ust=
Witty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
YakAttak

Quote:
It was nice meeting you fellas, glad we all got what we came for. Cant wait to get ours rigged up.
Were you 4th or 5th in line and was with your gf? If so, I was right behind you, picked up a stealth 12 in grey color. I came home very happy. Been waiting for this sale since last year since I missed the one last year. It was great meeting all of you, you guys sure made the time waiting for the gate to open shorter.
YakAttak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakAttak View Post
Were you 4th or 5th in line and was with your gf? If so, I was right behind you, picked up a stealth 12 in grey color. I came home very happy. Been waiting for this sale since last year since I missed the one last year. It was great meeting all of you, you guys sure made the time waiting for the gate to open shorter.
Yup, that was me. Waiting in the freezing cold with you crazy campers haha. Congrats on your buy.
#DropLuresNotBait
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #20
swavings
Junior

Hello All,

I was there and was able to pick up one the stone x factors... Still hvaent really found the blem yet.

I happened to take the x factor out yesterday and got limits on the bugs!!

I purchased the x factor after having a tarpon 160 and due to my size (6'5 and a slim 285) the X factor was a dream!!!
swavings is offline   Reply With Quote