Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #101
jorluivil

Papaya hobies

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #102
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamddo714 View Post
"I don't think it's an insult at all. People have turned it into an insult just to be difficult and have more distinct identity. Fine, so be it. That is YOUR hang up."
Hey Wanker... You don't mind if I call you Wanker do you? I don't think it's an insult at all. People have turned it into an insult just to be difficult and if you don't like being called Wanker that is YOUR hang up. I mean I know some people think the term Wanker is negative because it's used by the British like Jerko## but I don't and I think it's not a bad name for you at all..

More seriously Oriental is a really old term essentially derived from Latin in the times of the Romans. It's taken from Orion like the constellation and essentially means from the East or more precisely in use East of Rome. Because of the majority of people the Romans conquered were East of Rome everyone from the Egyptians to Persians were called Orientals and when the Spice trade developed China was included too.

When the Americas were discovered the native people were called Indians because the dumb asses that discovered them thought they were in India, but true Indians were called orientals to and when other dumb asses made it all the way to Japan they called them orientals as well because Duh .... they were so stupid they thought they were in China.

Naturally when the British started the Opium wars to enslave the Chinese a few hundred years ago they called them orientals to and since the particular British that went there were not only racist but mean, corrupt, and evil as hell the Chinese resented it and saw it as a racist term.

And about the same time when the Chinese came to the US to escape the British caused problems in China they were called Orientals or Chinaman and treated so badly that one well known writer said I'd rather be a Ni##### on a Southern plantation then one of those God forsaken Orientals in California.

Aniti "oriental " racism was so prevalent in California that in a racially motivated riot on October 24, 1871, a mob of over 500 white men entered Los Angeles Chinatown to attack, rob and murder those residing there. A total of 18 Chinese immigrants were systematically killed by the mob, making the so-called "Chinatown War" the largest incident of mass lynching in American history.

So first off Chinese and Asians in general have always hated being called Orientals, Oriental is a non specific term that's almost always been used by racist oppressors to label those they have conquered or exploit, and third generally when people find out that someone does not wish to be called something and then still call them that name it is at best irritating, always rude and at the worst the self entitled prejudicial behavior of a total Wanker.

So it's cool if I call you Wanker, right because I mean hey it's not really all that negative compared to some things.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #103
jorluivil

Jim always knows how to sum things up.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:30 PM   #104
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #105
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
Hey Wanker... You don't mind if I call you Wanker do you? I don't think it's an insult at all. People have turned it into an insult just to be difficult and if you don't like being called Wanker that is YOUR hang up. I mean I know some people think the term Wanker is negative because it's used by the British like Jerko## but I don't and I think it's not a bad name for you at all..

More seriously Oriental is a really old term essentially derived from Latin in the times of the Romans. It's taken from Orion like the constellation and essentially means from the East or more precisely in use East of Rome. Because of the majority of people the Romans conquered were East of Rome everyone from the Egyptians to Persians were called Orientals and when the Spice trade developed China was included too.

When the Americas were discovered the native people were called Indians because the dumb asses that discovered them thought they were in India, but true Indians were called orientals to and when other dumb asses made it all the way to Japan they called them orientals as well because Duh .... they were so stupid they thought they were in China.

Naturally when the British started the Opium wars to enslave the Chinese a few hundred years ago they called them orientals to and since the particular British that went there were not only racist but mean, corrupt, and evil as hell the Chinese resented it and saw it as a racist term.

And about the same time when the Chinese came to the US to escape the British caused problems in China they were called Orientals or Chinaman and treated so badly that one well known writer said I'd rather be a Ni##### on a Southern plantation then one of those God forsaken Orientals in California.

Aniti "oriental " racism was so prevalent in California that in a racially motivated riot on October 24, 1871, a mob of over 500 white men entered Los Angeles Chinatown to attack, rob and murder those residing there. A total of 18 Chinese immigrants were systematically killed by the mob, making the so-called "Chinatown War" the largest incident of mass lynching in American history.

So first off Chinese and Asians in general have always hated being called Orientals, Oriental is a non specific term that's almost always been used by racist oppressors to label those they have conquered or exploit, and third generally when people find out that someone does not wish to be called something and then still call them that name it is at best irritating, always rude and at the worst the self entitled prejudicial behavior of a total Wanker.

So it's cool if I call you Wanker, right because I mean hey it's not really all that negative compared to some things.
Big T is the one that made this quote: "I don't think it's an insult at all. People have turned it into an insult just to be difficult and have more distinct identity. Fine, so be it. That is YOUR hang up."

tamddo714 was quoting Big T he is the one that wrote that asinine quote , if anyone is a wanker it is Big T.

Last edited by buddha; 03-27-2014 at 09:43 PM.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #106
ful-rac
Emperor

You know what i just thought of....monopoly is racist too!

Damn that monopoly man!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #107
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Big T is the one that made this quote: "I don't think it's an insult at all. People have turned it into an insult just to be difficult and have more distinct identity. Fine, so be it. That is YOUR hang up."

tamddo714 was quoting Big T he is the one that wrote that asinine quote , if anyone is a wanker it is Big T.

So budda, i see your trolling again for a big T...I think your gonna get a bite any minute now....
Old 03-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #108
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
So budda, i see your trolling again for a big T...I think your gonna get a bite any minute now....
I am just trying to give discredit where it is due!

I hope to hook up especially at Las Encantadas.

Don't worry about the Tidelands get together I know it is a long way for you.

I will tell you how it goes .

Looking forward to meeting you guys in Baja.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #109
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Big T is the one that made this quote: "I don't think it's an insult at all. People have turned it into an insult just to be difficult and have more distinct identity. Fine, so be it. That is YOUR hang up."tamddo714 was quoting Big T he is the one that wrote that asinine quote , if anyone is a wanker it is Big T.

Ahhhhhh well.... You know how it is all those wanker posts look alike
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #110
sandydiego
Rum Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Papaya hobies
But it's a sharks favorite flavor in kayaks!
sandydiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:25 AM   #111
bolocop

This crap still going on?

Funny, this race "discussion" on a fishing website is still going on? Sigh...I guess the BWE moderators find that this thread is bringing in ad raffic and so be it.

I guess this happens when folks try to educate others about their feelings. You get disrespected by racially charged words and then folks say it's your problem or as in LOWPROFILE's comment, you're a Whiney Bi**h (HURAHH!).

No one wants anything from you but your mutual respect and the application of the Golden Rule. If that's too much, then so be it.

In the case of alanw and BigT's uncle, I get it. You grow up and the demographics is homogenous. Then in midlife, more and more different looking folks come into the picture. They don't speak the same language. Wally and the Beaver is replaced by the Cosby Show, WTF, right? What? I can't say "neg*oe" or "colored" anymore? Orientals want to be called Asian? Why do my gardeners want to be called "Latinos" instead of Mexicans? I know habits are hard to change and was pleasantly surprised when alanw acknowledged Buddha's request.

BigT and other folks who think the problem is with the minorities (yes, you LOWPROFILE), do me a favor. Go away from your homogenous demographic life and go to South Central Los Angeles and find some young black youths wearing a lot of red or blue. Start up a conversation with them and refer to them as "neg*oe" or "colored". Those were socially acceptable words for blacks at one point in history, right? After all, it's their hang up and they are the Whiney Bit*hes, right? I'm going to guess, it won't be their problem at that point, the problem will be yours.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #112
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I work in a predominantly Asian area and 3 of the 4 people I work with, including my boss are vietnamese. The other is Korean. I make Asian jokes all day with them because we are close like that and I can get away with it and vica versa because we all respect each other. As was said before, it's barbershop talk. The problem on a public forum is that not everyone here are friends and everyone is not going to be as receptive to the racial banter. I don't think anything was said out of real hate or malice. People just need to learn to back off sometimes. It's fairly common knowledge that oriental is a racially insensitive moniker. If it wasn't known then it sure as fuck is now so everyone just move on.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #113
momo fish

Very good points William. Hopefully this thing dies down. I blame white seabass for this mess. Always at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #114
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolocop View Post
Why do my gardeners want to be called "Latinos" instead of Mexicans?
Glad you asked

Actually, its quite simple. Not every gardner is Mexican........some are from Honduras, some are Puerto Rican, some are Salvadoranian, some are from Guatemala, some are Mexican and others may be Cuban. The same goes for Orientals/Asians.........some are from China, or Japan, or Taiwan, etc.

If you had to identify a white guy it would be easier to say, "that white ______(fill in the blank)" than it would be to say the Dutch American, or the Euro-Russian, or the South African, etc. The same goes for Hispanic/Latinos........

so yeah......that's why

Old 03-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #115
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2sp33d View Post
Amanda Cerny says: Boys, stop arguing on the Internet and look at this.

Yeah but there is nothing in her hand?
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #116
Big Wave Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBentRod View Post
X2 - it is butt ugly!

But... Is it a girl? Looks like a Thailand lineup to me. Scary stuff.
Big Wave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #117
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

She has a hand????
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #118
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

facebook_-736897745.jpg

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #119
LawDog

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Bahahaha. Best post so far
LawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #120
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Wave Dave View Post
But... Is it a girl? Looks like a Thailand lineup to me. Scary stuff.
Does it really matter? I mean...really?