Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
Abandoned Ship
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz Bang View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFO7Wo7ZCE

Apparently it works for YT as well. Who needs a finder when all you have to do is just not plug your scupper holes.
That's called SHARK BAIT!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #42
Aaron&Julie

A report is a report. Kailolo reported what he saw. I hope others will follow his trend, so that we can ALL be hip to what is happening out there. He didn't report for anyone else, because no one who wasn't there, knows who caught that yellowtail. Those unspoken rules were followed by some. It seems rather rude to tell someone what not to say, even if they are reporting what they saw with their own eyes, without mentioning any names.
Many of us live vicariously through reports, especially when unable to get out ourselves. We enjoy others successes, second-hand or not.
You were very courteous with your report, Kailolo. Don't think otherwise.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #43
Whizz Bang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFO7Wo7ZCE

Apparently it works for YT as well. Who needs a finder when all you have to do is just not plug your scupper holes.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #44
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
A report is a report. Kailolo reported what he saw. I hope others will follow his trend, so that we can ALL be hip to what is happening out there. He didn't report for anyone else, because no one who wasn't there, knows who caught that yellowtail. Those unspoken rules were followed by some. It seems rather rude to tell someone what not to say, even if they are reporting what they saw with their own eyes, without mentioning any names.
Many of us live vicariously through reports, especially when unable to get out ourselves. We enjoy others successes, second-hand or not.
You were very courteous with your report, Kailolo. Don't think otherwise.
Thanks for chiming in on the 'unwritten rules' and to Handymansd for clarifying his stance.

I don't frequent this board like most of you but I do like to share my successes and failures. I've never heard of this particular courtesy of not reporting what one sees on the water so that was a bit enlightening.

As for what information was included in the original posts, I would have said the same thing. I think most people want to know what's biting. If I get skunked but 50 other guys out there score fish, why not report what you see? Plus who knows if they're even members of this board? (highly probable, but not guaranteed)
Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #45
PapaDave

And some cheese please...

Dude, us ordinary fisherman appreciate a real and timely report, thank you.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote