Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Drake

My easy fix for anyone having issues with their Sabiki Rig.

I got my Sabiki rig from Charkbait, it was their own brand. Everytime I used it, I had issues where the hooks weren't coming in and going out easily. They were constantly getting hung up at the tip. I thought I was using too big of a hook, so I tried smaller ones. The problem didn't resolve. It became so inconvient and time consuming I just stopped using it. Seeing $70 sitting in the corner of my garage bothered me, so I decided to try and fix it. Here's my solution.

The problem is/was there is a metal fitting in the tip. I understand why it's there, but I feel R&D didn't test it enough, it's a hook snagger, that's all

So, I cut the end off, just about an inch or so.

As you can see, kind of, the fitting is also a hook snagger for the sabiki on the way out.

There was still a little bit of a lip left

So I wrapped some sand paper around the tapered end of a pen. I was attempting to just take a little bit off the inside, but not enough to make it brittle.

All finished. Works like a charm. Nothing for the hooks to snag on. A little marine goop back on the top and it's snug as a bug.