Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-10-2017, 03:48 PM   #21
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Mahigeer is out for this trip.

have fun guys.
You will be missed and NOW you have to unpack, bummer more work for you Arkadash, tight lines amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #22
Baja_Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Had another great week at MakoBob's slice of paradise. If you are bringing meat down for the restaurant I suggest Chicken for "Chicken Mole" and pork for "Chile Verde". All of the meals at the La Poma Restraunt were great. Breakfast there made the mornings easy. The fish and shrimp tacos make a great lunch.
The Machaca for breakfast is awesome (especially when they make it with your leftover pulled pork)...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see all the write ups!

In. re to the day you're responsible for dinner, and you recommending mole or the chile verde, do we have to bring all the ingredients as well or just a few lbs of meat, and the $5 per head and they will take care of the rest?

As well, whats the gas situation like? I plan on bringing a few gallons of premium for the gregor but will I want to bring a spare 5 gallons for my car or will running out of gas not be a problem this time of year? Do you guys usually stop for anything over the border or NO, is everything purchased here in the states and we simply go for the straight shot down with no stops?

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row, i know you can never be to prepared for anything but.. Lol, headed down to Ysidro tomorrow for the SENTRI app. then will stop off @ INM to get the FMM stamped I'm gonna buy online later. all recommendations are greatly appreciated ha, as it's my first time

I have posted several reports. Look them up here. I am working on the most recent one.

Check it out when posted soon.

I also have a long list of what I bring posted that you can modify to your needs.

Head net for flies just made the list.

Last edited by Mahigeer; 04-11-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #24
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
The Machaca for breakfast is awesome (especially when they make it with your leftover pulled pork)...
OH! That does sound good.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #25
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Stevie951, how did the interview go? Now just a couple more weeks and you get your card. I plan on being at Johnny's Shell station in El Cajon at 4am on Sunday morning. Then it is off to PARADISE. Farroela might show up in camp and Buddha might be riding with me so it will be a small group. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #26
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Stevie951, how did the interview go? Now just a couple more weeks and you get your card. I plan on being at Johnny's Shell station in El Cajon at 4am on Sunday morning. Then it is off to PARADISE. Farroela might show up in camp and Buddha might be riding with me so it will be a small group. Tight Lines.
Hey Mako, Interview went well, I was approved! Yeah as you stated unfortunately tho the card won't arrive for 3-14 days, unsure if it will arrive before Sunday? If it does not i'm not sure about going down because i have never been and def. don't want to risk getting lost.. Maybe a sign since the rest of the group practically is unable to attend? Nonetheless, i am still willing to go, just don't want to hit hours long wait times you know and or make others wait those times so i can rejoin the caravan so am willing to wait till next trip comes around memorial day. Still a possibility though the card can arrive by Friday or satrurday

Let me know amigo.

Tight lines!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #27
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Not a problem Stevie, your card will NOT show up in time for this trip, 10 days is the fastest I have heard, mine was 18 days. See you for the next one. BTW I will be at the HOW Tourney on Saturday and check Sat evening to see if it did actually show up. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #28
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Not a problem Stevie, your card will NOT show up in time for this trip, 10 days is the fastest I have heard, mine was 18 days. See you for the next one. BTW I will be at the HOW Tourney on Saturday and check Sat evening to see if it did actually show up. Tight Lines.
Bummer :/ Yeah, hopes are high but realistic... See you @ the HOW tourney brother, can't wait to meet you and the crew!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
Old 04-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #29
farreola

I will be leaving until Monday or Tuesday, maybe you get your card by then...Check with me and you can fallow me down...or you can leave your car at my house in Calexico and drive with me to Bobs.
farreola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #30
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Nice, see you guys in camp. Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 04-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #31
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by farreola View Post
I will be leaving until Monday or Tuesday, maybe you get your card by then...Check with me and you can fallow me down...or you can leave your car at my house in Calexico and drive with me to Bobs.
Perfect, yes no following you would be more than perfect per me getting it.. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the offer!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
Old 04-12-2017, 07:19 AM   #32
MrPukaShell

You can follow Mako to the border line and no way to get lost from there. He will then move over one lane to be in the SENTRI line. Gas is no issue as long as you keep trips to Gonzaga down to a couple. Top off on the way down and on the way back if needed in San Felipe. Yes bringing down meat for the restaurant is the way to go unless you want to cook something special at camp. The Chile Verde was excellent and the Chicken Mole is always a crowd favorite. All meals at the restaurant were excellent. Start off fishing in the AM by the point. Start your drift in 30 or so feet of water and drift out to deeper. Look for triggers and spotties with jigs or mega baits. Deeper water will produce Sierra and Corvina so look around. Check out the finger reefs to the North at low tide to get and idea of the structor you will be fishing. Hopefully the whales will still be around for you to check out. You don't need a SENTRI card to visit Mexico just a longer wait to get back to the US. Just roll up your windows, turn on the air and get ready to shake your head "NO". Get ready to have some fun. Bring a pair of binoculars to check out the sights
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #33
Sivak

Quote:
Perfect, yes no following you would be more than perfect per me getting it.. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the offer!
Hey Stevie
I am going down on Thursday for sure, possibly Wednesday. If you get your card and need to follow someone, let me know. I will be leaving early in the morning.

Dave
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #34
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivak View Post
Hey Stevie
I am going down on Thursday for sure, possibly Wednesday. If you get your card and need to follow someone, let me know. I will be leaving early in the morning.

Dave
Awesome thanks Dave! Still no card, will keep you posted!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
Old 04-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #35
Sivak

Quote:
Awesome thanks Dave! Still no card, will keep you posted!
Stevie, I am leaving early tomorrow morning, let me know if you want to follow me down.

Dave
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote