Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Spaulding4181

WTB Thule Slipstream

I'm in Orange County, let me know if anyone has one they want to get rid of.
Spaulding4181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:07 AM   #2
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
You might as well pull the trigger and get one from Amazon (FYI: they have 5 left @ $349)!
From my experience that specific rack is rare is find "used".
Before I bought my 2012 Outback I knew I was going to need a rack (I had just traded-in my Tundra for my Escape). I looked for over 3 months and only found one "lightly" used on C/L and it was gone within hours on the same day! I finally got frustrated and ordered mine from Amazon (ordered on Monday and arrived at my door on Thursday).
I frequently check the classifieds on this forum for other listings but keep an eye out (just out of curiosity) but in a couple years still haven't seen one for sale!
I guess all I can otherwise tell you is "good luck" in your search and hope you get lucky!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
Vikingj

I have a used (6 month)Thule slipstream I will sell for $300 cash to be picked up in Dana Point. You will need your own crossbars - it will fit on either Yakima (round) or Thule (square) bars. It was a great system for my Revo 13 and really easy and convenient to use. But I did not find it to be well suited to my new Outback that is much shorter, wider, and heavier. It was difficult for me to load the wider hull because it had a tendency to slip of to the side.
Wayne
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Spaulding4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
You might as well pull the trigger and get one from Amazon (FYI: they have 5 left @ $349)!
From my experience that specific rack is rare is find "used".
Before I bought my 2012 Outback I knew I was going to need a rack (I had just traded-in my Tundra for my Escape). I looked for over 3 months and only found one "lightly" used on C/L and it was gone within hours on the same day! I finally got frustrated and ordered mine from Amazon (ordered on Monday and arrived at my door on Thursday).
I frequently check the classifieds on this forum for other listings but keep an eye out (just out of curiosity) but in a couple years still haven't seen one for sale!
I guess all I can otherwise tell you is "good luck" in your search and hope you get lucky!
FFY
Thanks FFY I see that REI and RackNRoll also have it for $349. I traded in my F250 for a VW Sportwagen a few weeks ago, didnt realize how expensive the racks and cross bars are!!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Spaulding4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingj View Post
I have a used (6 month)Thule slipstream I will sell for $300 cash to be picked up in Dana Point. You will need your own crossbars - it will fit on either Yakima (round) or Thule (square) bars. It was a great system for my Revo 13 and really easy and convenient to use. But I did not find it to be well suited to my new Outback that is much shorter, wider, and heavier. It was difficult for me to load the wider hull because it had a tendency to slip of to the side.
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, PM sent.