Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

Battle of the Bays...

The Battle of the Bays Tournaments are fundraisers for the Coastal Conservation Association. I'm working with CCA money to fund these events...t-shirts, lunch, plaques, PayPal, and the printing of the flyers is coming out of the registration funds collected. We need at least 30 anglers signed up to make a go of it and not loose any money on this first event.
I've personally collected over $14,000 in prizes and gift cards to use as 1st thru 4th place prizes and as raffle prizes. The prizes range from t-shirts and hats and swim baits to a 4 day all expense paid trip to Cedros Kayak Fishing. Most participants will probably win something in the raffle since there are about 40 sponsors that have donated products including an i11s Hobie inflatable Mirage Drive kayak (valued at $2149).
Go to www.battleofthebays.com to register and for more info...click on the May 6th date button and it will send you to the iAngler app where you will register and go to PayPal to pay your $60...THE CCA MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENT HAS BEEN REMOVED TO ENABLE MORE KAYAK ANGLERS TO AFFORD TO PARTICIPATE!

The advance registrations are coming in really slow...so...to spice things up a little, I'm offering a Phenix Inshore Rod to one of the first twenty anglers that sign up at iAngler. This will be a special drawing for just the first 20 that sign-up. This rod is valued at $179.00

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #2
Baja_Traveler

Completed my signup after Saturdays tournament.

I'm in...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #3
Denis_Ruso

You know, the mandatory CCA membership is what stopped me from signing up, fishing buddies decided the same.

Not that I don't support what you guys do, its just too much $ at once.

But now that's removed, may have to reconsider.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #4
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Game on....

Got my board ,nice to meet ya Jim , I need to join CCA funny...I was on the "Board" of CCA before......California Contractor Association that is...before the housing market crashed...

Last edited by MITCHELL; 04-17-2017 at 08:31 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
cris

Hey Jim,

is the captain's meeting on Friday evening mandatory?
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
Baja_Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris View Post
Hey Jim,

is the captain's meeting on Friday evening mandatory?
I never read anything about a captains meeting - both in the rules or on the flier. Where did you see the details on that? If there is, and its mandatory I'm screwed - the wife will not be happy me taking off on our 20th wedding anniversary...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #7
cris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
I never read anything about a captains meeting - both in the rules or on the flier. Where did you see the details on that? If there is, and its mandatory I'm screwed - the wife will not be happy me taking off on our 20th wedding anniversary...

The iangler site has a captain's meeting listed for 4/29 at 10am. I guess that's the Saturday prior.
cris is offline   Reply With Quote