Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2016, 11:53 PM   #1
AndyK
Junior

Back on the Yak!!!

Wanted to introduce myself. I just ordered my 2016 Hobie PA 14 and really would like to get out to the kelp and make my kayak fishing bones this year.

I'd like to fish the SD/LJ area but don't know anyone to go with. I used to fish an Ocean Kayak Prowler 14 a few years ago but never really got out of the bay. I have a Malibu X-Factor that I fish/paddle in Big Bear Lake often. I guess that would make me a newbie in the offshore fishing kayaking department?

As far as saltwater fishing in general goes, I've been fishing from skiffs and charters for years. I'm no slouch in the way of knowledge or gear in that area. Last year was nuts, I was pretty much out once a week from May-October on friends boats and 3/4 day boats hammering as many YT and Dorado as I could.

I'd really love to meet some fellow kayakers and switch things up this year.

EDIT: Happy to buy drinks/dinner for letting me tag along.

Last edited by AndyK; 04-06-2016 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention..
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
easyday

Welcome!
Old 04-07-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
Wanderingincircles
Junior

Just wanted to say welcome. I'm new to the yak myself, so won't be much help. I'm absorbing everything I can from the boards here.
Wanderingincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:25 AM   #4
Murray

Nice ride you bought. Should be pretty exciting on first launch. Make sure you dedicate your first la jolla trip to practicing launching and landing. You should always find a number of yakers in the a.m. that can give you a hand if needed. On practice day, get there early enough to talk to guys who are returning. You can watch their landings and check out their rigs regarding set up etc. After several trips, you will have met a number of guys that are members of this forum and will be able to buddy up in the future. Make sure to pick a super calm day to make your first real fishing trip. That way, you will build your confidence and make a positive trip. Hope this helps. Have fun and catch lots of fish.
Murray is offline   Reply With Quote