Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
ctrujillo

prowler 15vs trident 15

I had to sell my pa I'm looking into getting another yak.I'm looking at a prowler 15 or a trident 15. Is there any change in hull design between the 2.i will be looking at craigslist during the off season for a deal. I'm 300# 6/2 and looking for stability and speed I've owned a xfactor and a cobra f&d so its time To try a ok.any imput is appre iated.
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
tacmik

I think it is the same hull, call OEX and they can tell you for certain.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Yak Loins
Junior

Trident

huge difference in storage capacity and fishability between the two. The Trident has a center console with a drink holder but underneath the hatch lid is a small sliding cubby to hold essentials, I keep my goodies in here for quick and easy access with absolutely no way for it to get wet. Trident weighs in a hair heavier but the fish finder compartment with the lid sealed the deal for me. I ride the Trident Prowler 13 and bought the Prowler 13 for my wife who is 115 lbs, she fricken rips in that vessel, soooo fast.
Yak Loins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
GregAndrew

Either one is going to be a relativly wet ride and less stable than a PA. The secondary stability of both are very good. I agree that the storage of the trident is well worth while. The storage tray is gone with the newer models as well as the cup holder.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
LawDog

As stated the only difference is the rod pod and sonar shield added on the trident. I have the t15 and this is my 2nd yak so I had some things I wanted in my ultimate yak. The storage on this beast is second to none. Not even a honor or Malibu can hold a torch to the rod pod. If you have ever launched in surf larger than 1 ft you know you get wet and always face the possibility of flipping in shallow water with your expensive rods sticking straight up in the air. I can fit 5-6 rods and reels easily in the rod pod and pull them out after the launch and not even leave my seat. If you don't put rods in it, it holds pb&j sandwhiches and the like pretty well.

I did a lot of searching before I bit off on this kayak but for my needs it's perfect, it's fast, stable and has tons of storage. I still have yet to flip it, even launching and landing in 4-5 ft waves in Carlsbad.

Drawbacks are weight, length (storage and transport) and no pedals.
LawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
buddha

I love my trident 11.

I have both pods the older one and the newer one.

I use the older one in the bay since it has the tray.

Best kayak I ever owned.

I thought of buying a Hobie Revo 11 but Aqua Adventures had this Trident 11 for half price so it was a no brainer.

I like the storage ability which is much better than the Hobie Revo 11.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote