Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
jorluivil

Don't Be St*pid!!!!

So after getting to the launch site we are approached by three gentleman in plain clothes

Them: Hello, how'd you guys do?
Us: Not to bad
Them: We're with the DFG and would like to inspect your catch
Us: OK
Them: We also need to see your lobster cards and fishing license
Us: OK

I open my bug motel and he has no doubt that my bugs are legal, I hand him my license and report card and he hands them back after a few seconds. They measure one or two of the other guys lobster, we knew all were legal so no one was concerned with them measuring the bugs.

Me: So how'd the weekend go for you guys
Warden: Not to bad we wrote up about 27 citations on opening night
Me: !!!! What were the citations for
Warden: Mostly for being over the limit but some were for short lobster, no license and a few were for 'tailed lobster'.
Me: By the way....there was a few guys walking the breakwall, I thought the guys were there fishing until I heard a lobster tail slapping and then I realized someone was in the water handing them lobster.
Warden: There was a diver with them?
Me: Yes, after the diver came up he told the guys that were walking to bring the bucket.
Warden: Where exactly were they? How many of them were there? What were they wearing?

After giving him as much info as possible he started to tell us that they had cited three individuals the day before, they had 132 lobster in their possesion most of which were short, extremely short. Neither one of the individuals had a report card let alone a fishing licence. They were all cited, had all their gear confiscated, cars were impounded and they were arrested and taken to jail. The Warden did say that most of the lobster were released but that there was a few that did not survive.

After checking us they went and checked out someone that was fishing off the rocks. When I was walking to my car I met them again in the parking lot and asked them if they were done for the night, one of them said, "No, we're headed over to the parking lot where the breakwall starts and will wait for the individuals you were talking about".

I don't know what happened to these guys but based on what I saw it looked like they were up to no good. During the conversation with Warden he mentioned that one of the fines was roughly $1000.00 per lobster. So, again, Don't Be Stupid!!!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 10-04-2011 at 03:20 AM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote