Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-19-2015, 04:22 PM   #41
tattuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Sight unseen, I will start the bidding at $250.00 for Charle's piece of art. Should I win it will be hung on the wall at OUR place in Gonzaga.
Wow Bob, that's awesome! I'll have a print of that one above for the raffle. This is the original (it will be framed) for the auction...

Old 11-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #42
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Very NICE, Guy's he COULD be yours or mine, both ways it is for a GREAT CAUSE.
AWESOME work Charles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattuna View Post
Wow Bob, that's awesome! I'll have a print of that one above for the raffle. This is the original (it will be framed) for the auction...

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:15 AM   #43
Chuck D

Not sure I can make it, but I am in
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 01:51 AM   #44
Stuck20

I've tried a few times to register/pay but for some reason my paypal account won't process the payment. Is there another possible way to pre-register?
Stuck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:16 AM   #45
PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck20 View Post
I've tried a few times to register/pay but for some reason my paypal account won't process the payment. Is there another possible way to pre-register?
Andy, any ideas?

You could Paypal me personally and I could pay for you. I had no trouble registering. Anyone else?

Lots of great news to share soon! We've got some prizes on the way in thanks to industry friends.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #46
PAL

I wasn't quite ready to announce this, as the final details aren't set...

Your friend and mine Yanni of Fisherman's Belly knows what Steve is going through. We've all seen the incredible food he prepares. The chef said it would mean a lot to him to cook for the event. He asked the Southern California Chapter of Heroes on the Water if he could step in for them, and they agreed. Please join me in thanking the HOW cooking team for their willingness to help and for their generosity.

Okay Yanni, you're up. What's for lunch?
Old 11-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #47
PAL

Okuma goes big! They donated a Water Wolf underwater camera, powerful Komodo baitcaster, and more Savage Gear baits than I can count. 25 caps too. The Shootout for Steven Green thanks you!

If you haven't signed up, don't wait. We have more prizes on the way. Dana Pt, Dec 5, just $25.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Okuma_800.jpg (126.9 KB, 434 views)
Old 11-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #48
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
I wasn't quite ready to announce this, as the final details aren't set...

Your friend and mine Yanni of Fisherman's Belly knows what Steve is going through. We've all seen the incredible food he prepares. The chef said it would mean a lot to him to cook for the event. He asked the Southern California Chapter of Heroes on the Water if he could step in for them, and they agreed. Please join me in thanking the HOW cooking team for their willingness to help and for their generosity.

Okay Yanni, you're up. What's for lunch?

I think we're having fish tacos...but this time it's gonna be yani's fish tacos ...I just caught a halibut yesterday for the cause.

I'm sure cbadmike is gonna make something very special for us as well....
Old 11-22-2015, 07:13 PM   #49
Aznronin

I'm in. Just registered. I'll be coming with Charles Volkens.
Aznronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:05 AM   #50
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
I think we're having fish tacos...but this time it's gonna be yani's fish tacos ...I just caught a halibut yesterday for the cause.

I'm sure cbadmike is gonna make something very special for us as well....
We can show him where to get the best tortillas in town.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #51
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Just a dose of reality in my doom n gloom:
If you launch from Baby and paddle to the W most point of the Laguna No Take, its about 9miles. Dont ask how I know. Point is from DP theres a lot to keep busy with in a kayak.

And surprises are there.
That is a nice surprise. I use the laguna beach mission hospital as my northern boarder for mlpa. I use my phones map GPS to keep track.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #52
Iceman
Administrator

Just counted up entries and we are at 39 I know for a fact that the people showing that they care means more to Steve than the money we will raise to help him out!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #53
INGRIDSDAD

Not sure I can make it but I'm in!
INGRIDSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:44 AM   #54
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Just counted up entries and we are at 39 I know for a fact that the people showing that they care means more to Steve than the money we will raise to help him out!

Make that 40,,,I'm in.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #55
Stuck20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Andy, any ideas?

You could Paypal me personally and I could pay for you. I had no trouble registering. Anyone else?

Lots of great news to share soon! We've got some prizes on the way in thanks to industry friends.
Got it figured out finally. Appreciate the offer though.
Stuck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #56
PAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
It's wonderful to see. Steve's friends far and wide are rallying for Landwhale. Check this out!

Win one! Old guard kayak fishing friend Ric Hawthorne of Ten Crows Forge teamed up with Chance Hauser to make these striking and unique trophy plaques for the Steve Green Shootout. They are a full foot in diameter. Sign up now, 'cause the only way you'll get one is to win the Big Fish or Big Bass honor.

"We're all pulling for you Steve!" Ric wrote when he posted this photo. Thank you Ric and Chance for your big-hearted generosity.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #57
Iceman
Administrator

Sweet trophies! Thank you Ric!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #58
tacmik

So what do we do if we have no camera to take picts with. Also don't have a smart phone for picts.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #59
Iceman
Administrator

Fish for halibut then and just bring it in to the scale!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #60
PAL

We are just one week out! Remember, we're out to have a good time and support our old friend Steven Green in his cancer battle. Think fun, not cut-throat competition. A few helpful reminders:

We are awarding prizes for Big Fish and Longest Catch Photo Release Bass. You don't have to choose one or the other. No bait restrictions. If you catch your winning bass on a live mackerel, we might make fun of you but you'll still win.

Big Fish will be single heaviest CA legal fish by weight, no sharks, skates, rays or dead bass. Bring your fish to the scale no later than 1 pm at Baby Beach, Dana Pt.

Longest Catch Photo Release Bass: You need two items, three if you count the fish. A camera and a measuring device of some kind. A fish board such as a Hawg Trough is preferred. A tape measure held flat under the fish will work. Let's keep it light - no funny business with pinched tails or stretched mouths please. The entire fish has to be in the photo, head to tail. A 3-judge panel (me, Andy, Steve if he can make it) will make our best judgment on each of the photos. Bring your photo to Baby Beach no later than 1 pm.

In case of ties for Big Fish or Big Bass, the earliest in wins.

If you pre-registered, launch anywhere in the Dana Pt area shown on the photo in the original post as early as 0001 (1 minute after midnight) Dec 5. We'll take walk-ups at Baby Beach beginning around 5 and ending around 7.

Lunch and auction beginning around noon at Baby Beach. Award ceremony around 1:30. If you want a place to sit, bring a chair.

Yanni from Fisherman's Belly is cooking... something tasty. He hasn't said what exactly. We'll have water, soda and hot dogs too, as well as plates and plasticware. In the spirit of Baytubers, please consider bringing a dish to share.

See you soon and tight lines to everyone! Event questions? Take another look at the original post. If that doesn't answer, fire away.

Last edited by PAL; 11-28-2015 at 09:44 AM.