Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
blitzburgh

Newport Ling-a-ding 3/28/15

Bunch of guys at the CG station at 6am. Ended up meeting Revojoe coming back in, nice meeting you Joe! Worked some usual piles and found a huuuge school of what looked like nice size Reds. Got one drift on them with no takers on the squid. Ready to drop a jig on them, I lost the school, they were really moving that day! Oh well, manage a decent Copper, Starry on another pile. Then went to a reef I like and scraped up a big ass Treefish. Sent some more squid down and that’s when I went bendo on this guy
>

Bulldogged me the entire way up from 180’, great fight. He had a still fresh 9” Lizard fish half down his throat which promptly was coughed out once I got him on the deck. The tiny pecks a second before the hard hit makes me think he crashed on the Lizard fish working my bait and got himself hooked. Taped out a hair under 33"

Now for a Yani recipe for this beauty!

>
Old 04-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Awesome!

I love fish'n rockfish!!