Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
boogieman
Junior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishes View Post
I'm right-handed and grew up using spinning reels with a left-hand retrieve. I also own a few baitcasters which are right-hand retrieve, which is a bit weird for me because I cast with my right and then have to switch hands to also retrieve with my right and to be honest it just feels weird and I also feel like I miss hook sets because of my delayed left-arm reaction to the bite.

My question is...
Why is the market so saturated with right-hand retrieve baitcasters? Am I missing something that makes using your right hand to retrieve better than left?

I'm about to purchase new gear and while I know it's primarily up to me in what feels comfortable I just want to know if you have any insight that I may be missing.

Thanks,
Chris
Same reason thers only right hand can openers and right hand seats at schools, this world is mostly made for righthanded people, i am right handed and endup having the same problem but find out that the lh models give you the perfect motion for casting, and you dont need to change hands, so just invest a couple of dollars more for a lh reel ,most brands specially casting reels are made in lh models, good luck.
boogieman is offline   Reply With Quote