Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
SailorDave
Junior

Expensive LJ Lesson

So the elation I had this morning after landing my first kayak YT (25.5#), was seriously dampened when I got home and found that someone had stolen my dry bag out of the kayak when I was off getting the car. Yup some Assh&1e, opened the center hatch, lifted out the tackle box, and then pulled out the dry bag (with fish finder, VHF, wallet and fishing licenses), and then replaced the box and closed the hatch. SonofaBi%ch!

If anyone happens to find a green drybag around the launch area with anything left in it please let me know.

Thanks
SailorDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
DESTROYER

Lame! Maybe the LJ Camera at the launch has a recording of the SOB. Might be worth looing into. Sorry about your loss.

For future...I used to take anything not bolted down to my car with me when I picked it up. Especially during the summer. Lots of A Holes and Thieves at the beach!
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #3
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTROYER View Post
For future...I used to take anything not bolted down to my car with me when I picked it up. Especially during the summer. Lots of A Holes and Thieves at the beach!
This ^^^^ Plus I will greet a fellow yaker if I don't see anyone I know and ask them to watch my chit while I run to get the ride. Most will have your back. Getting stuff jacked sucks donkey balls.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
FlyinRyan

That sucks man! Congrats on the first kayak yellowtail though.
FlyinRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #5
spicolly

That sucks, and I worry about that happening all the time. I take my wallet and FF with me to the car. Also, I tend to ask fellow yakkers on the beach to watch my stuff until I get back, then return the favor...so far, this has worked well. Sorry to hear about your loss.
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #6
jorluivil

Maybe iceman or adi can pull the video from the webcam

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #7
h2ofishfo

Isn't the camera feed down been checking it haven't seen jack
Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #8
Zed
BANNED

^Coincidence?
Inside job!

I hate hearing this. Theres so many people around and still some slimy jackhole still thinks its ok to go pokin around other peoples stuff. Never ceases to disgust me.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #9
AirborneYak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorDave View Post
So the elation I had this morning after landing my first kayak YT (25.5#), was seriously dampened when I got home and found that someone had stolen my dry bag out of the kayak when I was off getting the car. Yup some Assh&1e, opened the center hatch, lifted out the tackle box, and then pulled out the dry bag (with fish finder, VHF, wallet and fishing licenses), and then replaced the box and closed the hatch. SonofaBi%ch!

If anyone happens to find a green drybag around the launch area with anything left in it please let me know.

Thanks
I hate thieves. Sorry this happened to you and I hope the thieving assholes gets caught.
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #10
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
Getting stuff jacked sucks donkey balls.

I seriously loathe people who steal things. I find that low-life mentality hard to fathom.

BUTT HAY --- I have another idea: Since your tackle box was still in place, is it possible that your dry bag shifted locations in the hull?

In my Outback, on multiple occasions, I have put things in any of the three hatches and they have vanished, only to wash out with a whoosh of water at another time.

Things have a tendency to get stuck in weird areas of the inside of the hull, even when I try to crank my neck around the corners to look for them visually. There are blind spots I can't see or reach with my arms.

The easiest way to knock things out that I have "lost" is when I have a few gallons of water at either end, and slosh it back and forth. My flip-flops, lunch box, grapefruits rolling around, etc., show up like magic at one end or the other.

I hope you find your things.

EDIT: Sorry Iceman -- I responded before I got to your post. I should finish reading threads before I start blabbing. It's typical.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 07-23-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #11
WARRIORMIKE

totally sucks, I hate lowlifes like that.
WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #12
kjsdad619
Just a Salty Sailor

Damn!! I can almost guarantee that it wasn't a yakker..so far it seems like a very cool, trustworthy community..but as with everything there might be a bad apple among us..don't worry Karma will get their ass!