Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Aaron&Julie

Help with magazine article

Is there any one aware of a particular Kayak Fishing magazine that had an article with kayak fish records and the pictures of those fish caught?
It was supposed to come out a few months ago (Feb or March?), and Julie's women's world record halibut photo was going to be included.
Due to a fire in the home, down computer, hospitalization, and etc, we weren't able to stay on top of this, and would like to try and contact the magazine company to have a few issues purchased and sent our way.
The name of the magazine and the month issued would greatly be appreciated. You can respond here, PM me, or just send me an email to aaron_brenner@hotmail.com, with the info.
Thanks,
Aaron
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Hunters Pa

Paging Mr. Lebowitz..........Paging Mr. Paul Lebowitz . . . . ..
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Aaron&Julie

Thanks, Hunters Pa. I just sent him a PM. He's always a great resource for such information.
Aaron
Old 07-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
PAL

PM sent. Wasn't me, although I often investigate the possibility of certain story angles so we might have talked. Many story ideas don't pan out due to changing page space, difficulties with photos, or various other reasons. I've written about Julie's halibut a few times. Remarkable catch undiminished by time.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
Aaron&Julie

Thanks, Paul, for you response.
I think we have a few copies when she appreared in PCS about a year or so ago. We got rumor of this other article about RECORD catches from the 'yak sometime around Nov/Dec 2012, which would be printed in Feb/March of this year.
Since it's been kind of Helter Skelter around here, we're just playing catch up. Thanks for the PM to clear things up from your angle. Maybe the "rumored" situation never occurred.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
PAL

Aaron, if something printed at Kayak Angler, there's a good chance you can find a free digital edition online.

http://www.rapidmedia.com/free-online-kayak-angler.html
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Aaron&Julie

Thanks, again, Paul. I'll look into that link.
As it turns out, it was Jim Sammons who PM'd us last December about a Kayak Angler fish record article soon be coming out. He requested Julie's photo to (hopefully) be included as one of the records.
Since our computer was done for 6 months, we couldn't really follow up on it. If it's in there we'll try to get copies.
Aaron
Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
Aaron&Julie

Paul, I went to that link. Online it's on page 32 of the Spring issue of Kayak Angler magazine. There's a small listing of Kayak Fishing Records vs. IGFA World Records. She is listed under the IGFA Women's World record for her 46.1lb CA halibut, but of course in the women's category, that still gives her the kayak record as well.
We'd both like to see that record last a long time.
The printed version may be the same as the online, so there's probably no picture included in it either, but it's nice her record was mentioned.
Thanks,
Aaron&Julie