Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2015, 06:41 AM   #41
Saba Slayer

Comment...

For all you experts on global warming and fishing...please make your comment where it will count...those of us on BWE already know you're an expert on all affairs, political and worldly!

We now have an opportunity to comment on the proposed recreational bluefin tuna regulations for 2015-2016.
Many of us are familiar with the Pacific Fishery Management Council process that decided on a compromise
approach to reducing recreational bluefin tuna catches in the Eastern Pacific. What many of us may not know is that
this compromise has not yet been officially made into law. First, a comment period is required. This will likely give the folks that would like to see all recreational bluefin fishing stopped completely a final chance to have their way.
It would be greatly appreciated if you all could go online to the following website; http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa....shing_wcr.html

and then click on http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2015-0029-0001 to read background and the text of the rule.

Then click on...

http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketD...NMFS-2015-0029
This will bring up the comment page that you can make your thoughts known on this subject.

This is really important and will make a big difference in whether we will be able to fish bluefin tuna off California this year!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #42
nickc5

Haha. This is awesome Silbaugh. Grown men bickering like teenage girls on social media…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
nickc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:23 AM   #43
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc5 View Post
Haha. This is awesome Silbaugh. Grown men bickering like teenage girls on social media…..
Thanks Nick! Figured that it's more fun to intervene with some humor rather than my opinion.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #44
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Thanks Nick! Figured that it's more fun to intervene with some humor rather than my opinion.

Good thing you didn't add your opinion this time....cause' last time you offered it you called some boaters "assholes"...now they really want to run us all over now....! ! Hopefully Chuck Norris shows up to save the day...
Old 04-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #45
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Good thing you didn't add your opinion this time....cause' last time you offered it you called some boaters "assholes"...now they really want to run us all over now....! ! Hopefully Chuck Norris shows up to save the day...
uploadfromtaptalk1430162661390.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430162674791.jpg

Don't count on it Tony! Here's the sign I made for him in '05. Somebody posted my platoon online too. I'm on the truck holding my sign, so my head is cut off.

Anyway, we're still fighting ISIS.

SO, you better be Packin the next time you're Yackin!

Asshole boaters!

Last edited by Silbaugh4liberty; 04-27-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Silbaugh4liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #46
Lipripper92592

Alright, one more time! Maybe/surely I was naïve in expecting a conversation/debate on the NOAA proposal. I have no FB or twitter, or any other of those social media accounts, so I was unaware of that fact that you cannot debate on the old interweb. I assumed that a few people could participate in a debate on issues that the public might have varying opinions on.
My coworker, who I carpool with over an hour a day; have very different opinions than I. I have a rather conservative background, he a rather liberal background, but our conversations/debates are very fruitful. His points of views are generally ones I would never even think or very much consider. But his information is valuable, because it helps me understand the thought process and understanding the process, sometimes gives us a better picture of the outcome. Because a person has a different opinion on the volume of fish caught, does that make him any less of a person? Not in my book.
If he thinks the climate is warming up "1000" times faster than any time in the past. Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. I won't think less of you.

Won't I don't understand, and this is 100% honest, is why people would attempt to shut this conversation down by smearing an author, or comparing statements/facts being well supported or not to hyperbole.
I had always wondered why politician did not argue "facts"....now I know why. The general public wants entertainment not education.
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #47
Lipripper92592

NOT FOX NEWS......BUT CENTER FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY.

If you are interested in how catch rates are calculated, how different catch rates are modeled, historic biomass estimates. Check out the below link. If anybody else bothers to read this. Please chime in on your conclusion to the article.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/s...ry_4_04-17.pdf

Seems to me the purse seiners are getting most of the "action"
Lipripper92592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:36 PM   #48
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Gawd, at least with Facebook I would not have to keep seeing posts by zealots using Hyperbole and Metaphor to argue their "facts". I delete any "friends" that do that for anything but a joke (on either side of issues). If a raindrop falls on your head, does that really mean that the sky is falling?
Nobody forced you to read this thread. Seems like you clicked it on your own, Greg. Or are you just looking to insult everybody involved and contribute nothing to the conversation?

The only joke around here is the utter lack of a productive dialogue. Thank you lipripper for speaking your mind and taking the time to support your opinions!

Last edited by chris138; 04-27-2015 at 03:49 PM.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #49
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
I just got this Email and thought to share it.
April 21, 2015

Good evening,

Based on a recommendation of the Pacific Fishery Management Council, the National Marine Fisheries Service is proposing to modify the existing Pacific bluefin tuna (PBF) recreational daily bag limit in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) off California, and to establish filleting-at-sea requirements for any tuna species in the U.S. EEZ south of Point Conception, Santa Barbara County.

The proposed regulations would reduce the existing bag limit of 10 PBF per day to 2 PBF per day and the maximum multiday possession limit (i.e., for trips of 3 days or more) from 30 PBF to 6 PBF.

In addition, the proposed regulations would establish requirements for filleting tuna at-sea (e.g., each fish must be cut into six pieces placed in an individual bag so that certain diagnostic characteristics are left intact), which will assist law enforcement personnel in accurately identifying different tuna species. These requirements would apply to any tuna species caught south of Santa Barbara (i.e., south of a line running west true from Point Conception, Santa Barbara County).

To view the proposed regulations and to submit comments, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2015-0029-0001

Comments are due by May 6 2015, at 11:59 PM ET.
Regards,
Craig Heberer
Recreational Fisheries Coordinator
NOAA Fisheries West Coast Region
WCR Recreational Fisheries Homepage West Coast Region, NMFS, NOAA | westcoast.recfish@noaa.gov | http://www.westcoast.fisheries.noaa.gov/
7600 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115

Funny thing about this thread is that the OP never mentioned anything about global heating.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #50
jorluivil

I did my own research and found some charts that may help

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #51
TroutBum

^^^^ HAHAHA
TroutBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:16 PM   #52
YakDout
Brandon

Recreational fishing doesn't put a dent in the tuna population compared to the Seiners. You know, those guys who drag nets and are pulling up 10's of thousands of tuna at a time. Limit the recreational fisherman? Why? We're small timers on the big scale. On a good year all of San Diego's sport boats combined will pull in 10k BFT. Seiners do it every day....
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #53
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipripper92592 View Post
Alright, one more time! Maybe/surely I was naïve in expecting a conversation/debate on the NOAA proposal. I have no FB or twitter, or any other of those social media accounts, so I was unaware of that fact that you cannot debate on the old interweb. I assumed that a few people could participate in a debate on issues that the public might have varying opinions on.
My coworker, who I carpool with over an hour a day; have very different opinions than I. I have a rather conservative background, he a rather liberal background, but our conversations/debates are very fruitful. His points of views are generally ones I would never even think or very much consider. But his information is valuable, because it helps me understand the thought process and understanding the process, sometimes gives us a better picture of the outcome. Because a person has a different opinion on the volume of fish caught, does that make him any less of a person? Not in my book.
If he thinks the climate is warming up "1000" times faster than any time in the past. Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. I won't think less of you.

Won't I don't understand, and this is 100% honest, is why people would attempt to shut this conversation down by smearing an author, or comparing statements/facts being well supported or not to hyperbole.
I had always wondered why politician did not argue "facts"....now I know why. The general public wants entertainment not education.
Can't agree more bro. I've realized that some people you can have an intellectual debate based on facts, but most people just have their opinion and won't listen to facts either way. Most people voted for Obama because they're racist, and most will vote for Hillary because their feminist..........I mean sexist.

Debating with facts, to either liberals and even sometimes conservatives is almost pointless. People are motivated by emotions, and the media, politicians, lobbyists and many people in those type fields are great at playing to people's emotions.

In my opinion, global warming is BS, and I'm basing this opinion on facts stated by scientists across the globe that appeared on documentaries such as "The great global swindle". I believe politicians like AL Gore put out documentaries such as "Inconvenient Truth" to achieve political gain, through environmental type taxes. They've been pushing for this carbon tax for some time now.

As for the tuna limit, I'll be happy to get two fish, so I'm not too concerned on not getting 10. We still can get 10 yt and 10 yft right? I'm good with that!

I know a lot of people get mad about the commercial guys, and they're probably struggling to make a dollar. Who do I blame? The Federal Reserve! What, why would I blame a bank for our fishing regulations, that's absurd right? Well, think about it this way........
If they didn't devalue our dollar by 98% since the inception of the Fed, than commercial guys wouldn't be struggling, wouldn't over fish or push for nets, and wouldn't damage our fisheries.

You can't just look at the surface and say sardines crashed from 790,000 tons on 1936 to 100 tons in 1970. Those numbers might be misleading if half the commercial fishermen left the industry due to decreasing profit margins. Who knows? I'm sure there's many reasons, but the enviros will sure as shit try to ban all fishing just using little stats like that. Just like the hedonistic methods of the Bureau of Labor of Statistics, the CPI, measured inflation and others. They misrepresent numbers to achieve political goals.

I'd gladly debate with you sometime bro. I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and love to fish! See you on the water!

Last edited by Silbaugh4liberty; 04-27-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Silbaugh4liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #54
ful-rac
Emperor

If anything should be banned or severely limited around here...its tuna Pens! Talk about destroying the ocean...if they never had to fill and feed those things, we would all be a lot better off especially the ocean.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:42 PM   #55
ful-rac
Emperor

Look at how many of these stupid things they're are...

Imagine how many tons of tuna it takes to fill all of those pens and how many tons of feed it takes to feed them....

Old 04-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #56
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
If anything should be banned or severely limited around here...its tuna Pens! Talk about destroying the ocean...if they never had to fill and feed those things, we would all be a lot better off especially the ocean.
The seiners will typically net the fish offshore and drag them in the net right up against the coast of ensenada which is where I am guessing your screenshot is from.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #57
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Recreational fishing doesn't put a dent in the tuna population compared to the Seiners. You know, those guys who drag nets and are pulling up 10's of thousands of tuna at a time. Limit the recreational fisherman? Why? We're small timers on the big scale. On a good year all of San Diego's sport boats combined will pull in 10k BFT. Seiners do it every day....
Good point... That way we can do absolutely nothing and still complain.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:55 PM   #58
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Good point... That way we can do absolutely nothing and still complain.
So limit the guys who do it for fun a couple times a year and catch .05% of the population? Makes sense
Old 04-27-2015, 04:55 PM   #59
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
The seiners will typically net the fish offshore and drag them in the net right up against the coast of ensenada which is where I am guessing your screenshot is from.

Yep those tuna pens are the ones off of punta Banda...
Old 04-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #60
YakDout
Brandon

Honestly, my opinion is that most of our BFT catch is going here...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430183225.634674.jpg