Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
so cal shaggy

Another F&G commision meeting

OK guys, there is a meeting coming up within the next 2 weeks and I cannot be there. That is right in the middle of spring break and I simply cannot take the time off I have also used up all my sick and vacation days this year for all other meetings. I feel very sorry I will not be able to attend because I know how important this meeting is. The other side is already rallying their troops to attend and we have to have people representing us in attendance. Here is a quote from the oppositions "save Laguna" facebook page

Quote:
The Fish and Game Commission will be voting on what type of Marine Protected Areas will be created for the entire South Coast Region. We need as many people as possible to be there to make sure be get a reserve for all of Laguna and the best possible protection for Crystal Cove, Dana Point, Upper Newport Bay and the Bolsa Chica Wetlands. Road Trip!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
dgax65
Guerro Grande

The April DFG Commission meeting is going to be held on Wednesday, April 7th-Thursday, April 8th at the Beach Resort Monterey in Monterey. South Coast MPA is agenda item #9 on April 7th. Wednesday April 7th is when you need to be there to make your voice heard.

I'm thinking about taking the kayak up with me and doing some fishing while I'm there. Anybody else up for a little rock cod and political activism?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
so cal shaggy

Thanks Doug, I forgot the date and location.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
bellcon

Rock Cod?
Doug with your MLPA karma
I hope you nail a 40 lb halibut a 60lb WSB or a 50lb yellow
Old 03-29-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
Ed
Fringe Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
The April DFG Commission meeting is going to be held on Wednesday, April 7th-Thursday, April 8th at the Beach Resort Monterey in Monterey. South Coast MPA is agenda item #9 on April 7th. Wednesday April 7th is when you need to be there to make your voice heard.

I'm thinking about taking the kayak up with me and doing some fishing while I'm there. Anybody else up for a little rock cod and political activism?
Heads up, Monterey Rockfish doesn't open until May 1. They have been catching a lot of WSB there this year and they also have good halibut fishing.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
PAL

Go get 'em Doug! Unfortunately my long run of MLPA meetings will come to an end, as there's no way I can make this one. On the political side key representatives of our major sportfishing allies will be there to wave the flag. Good luck and many thanks to those who make the long trip.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
GregAndrew

If I am not working, I am in. Doug, if you are still gonna take your yak, and I am going, I will be in for fishing too. Never been up there though.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
greenscales
greenscales

Please Post if they bump the agenda to Thursday

Doug - I can't make it on Wednesday, but can drive late that night and speak Thursday if they postpone the topic. If they do delay it by a day, then see if you can call a moderator to post and flag the delay. I don't mind driving an all nighter to defend my right to fish, and can take a passenger w/a second yak if needed.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
dgax65
Guerro Grande

I don't know if they will delay the public comments on this one. Probably not.

I guess I better read up on the 'Pigeon Point to Lopez Point' regs before I head out. I don't want to break any laws while I'm up there. Somehow, I don't think the DFG would cut me as much slack as they did for the old hag who showed up at the Laguna meeting, swinging the dead garibaldi.

If I can get a room in the Navy Lodge at the Post-Grad School, I might stay up in Monterey for a couple of days.