Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Moyer Tournament Rule change New Category

Rule number 18, below, was written before we had money sponsors for each of these places. So we have decided to add another fun category to the tournament and the winner will get the JP money.

18. $5 per entry will go into a jackpot, which will be divided between the anglers with the 2nd-5th largest fish.

In place of the Jackpot listed in rule 18 we will have a Dash for Cash.

New Rule 18. Dash For Cash
The First person to return to the weigh station at the park with a fish 10 pounds or larger will be the winner of the Jackpot money.
Only tournament eligible fish, no sharks, bass, rays..
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
DESTROYER

Only 3 days left to sign up to be eligible for the ON THE WATER RAFFLE sponsored by OEX.

Only 14 Days to sign up before the Big Event (9/11/10) at $50. Walk ups will have to pay $60.

Early sign ups will be garunteed a shirt and captains bag. Please sign up ASAP.

http://lajollakayakfishingadventures.com/Events.shtml

Go to this link and sign up now!

This event is fun and 100% of the proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.

Tight Lines-Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
T Bone

Just signed up.I am looking forward to it.I am not sure how to get Dylan there for the picnic part yet...

For those of you that dont know,My son Dylan who is now 4 was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma last July.It was not looking good at all with the tumor having gone to a lymph node and 2 other places making it stage 4 cancer.I am a Carpenter by trade and its not a good time to be a carpenter in this economy and was about to sell my kayak thinking I could use the money and wasnt going to be able to use it much anyways.I read on Jims site about the moyer tournament last year and how they had sent a check for $7000 plus to the American cancer society.I told them that was a great thing they were doing and told them about Dylan.I didnt tell Jim or Matt that we were in any financial trouble or anything(even though we were).They gave us $2000 last year which was VERY helpful and I actually deleted the ad for my kayak on craigslist.If it wasnt for that I would have surely sold my ride and would have never held the 57.5" WSBeast in my Avatar.

Its been a long road this last year.being able to get out on the water has been a blessed release of stress for sure.My son is in remission and we are finishing up his treatment right now.Looking forward to seeing you all at the tourney and thanks to everyone who has helped us out along the way.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10

Last edited by T Bone; 08-28-2010 at 06:48 PM.
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
roadx

good news T Bone. glad to hear Dylan is doing better. what a great bonus to enjoy fishing and help someone out too.

ONLY COUPLE DAYS LEFT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIGN UP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
wade

? answered thanks...

Last edited by wade; 08-30-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: a
wade is offline   Reply With Quote