Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
GregAndrew

New quick connectors

Found a nice little product that I am using on all my new rod leashes at strapworks.com. It is a combination pinch connector for strap and whistle. That way I always have a whistle at arms length. I have never had to use my whistle yet, but better to have it and not need it than the other way around. Had a sailboat almost run me over a couple weeks ago when the captain (and i use the term very loosely) reached down to the deck to pick something up for a passenger and veered right at me. Luckily there was not a lot of noise at the time and I can yell pretty loud or I would have been toast. Anyway, be safe out there guys, it is summer and there are a bunch of those "captains" on the water.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Caffeind

Cool idea, cooler website...took me a while to find cord locks a while back as I didnt even know what they were called!

Hey do you build your own leashes? Got a pic? Im still fiddling with mine.
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
GregAndrew

Here is a pic of mine.

Cell phone car charger cord, with the clip above, connected to a couple of short pieces of 3/4 inch strap, a plastic tri loop, a bungee terminal clip and a piece of 2 sided velcro to attach to the rod. I use a different clip for the leashes I move around a lot. The one pictured I use permanently mounted to my bait tank rod holders.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Caffeind

Thanks for posting, those look pro, man!
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote