Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
45king

seal it with marine goop. the double sided tape does not adhere to the plastic very well. I had the same problem and ran a strip of marine goop along the rubber gasket and it sealed pretty well. You might need a set of plastic gloves so that you can run your fingers through the goop to make a decent seal. Worked for me and I hope it works for you cause the alternative is to buy the trident like Dave said and thats kind of a pricey fix. haha.
45king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

The gator hatch with straps on each of the four corners does allow you to tighten it much easier for a good seal. The front hatch has to be really tight to not let water in as it is put under pressure submerged in that crashing wave. doubling up the gasket with weatherstripping has worked for some with issues and the bead of goop worked for my first Extreme.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 AM   #3
dgax65
Guerro Grande

I used Taco 5/8" neoprene weather seal. They have it in 10' rolls at West Marine
http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/full....ckProdId=36410

This weather seal has an adhesive backing, but it doesn't stick to the hatch material very well. A little Goop will help keep it in place.

I get a lot less water coming through the hatch with this arrangement.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
buki

I used garage door weather stripping that goes on the bottom of the garage door. It's flat and wide, maybe about 3 inches wide. I picked it up at Home Depot for around $10. Glued it on with Goop and it does a good job.
buki is offline   Reply With Quote