Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 03-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
2011 MALIBU PRO EXPLORER F/S

After 2 weeks of consultations with some of the best Orthopeadic Surgeons in So. CA. it has been decided that the twisting my back that I subject it to when I dig (my stroke) I'm putting too much pressure on my lower back and pinching the sacro-lumbar nerve. After much discussion I understand I have to give up traditional Kayaking. So I've decided to sell my 2011 Malibu Pro Explorer and switch to a Hobie.
I talked to Andy @ OEX Sunset (btw: very nice to meet you and again thank you for your time and insight) about a trade-in but he advised me that if my Yak was in as good a condition as I told him I should try to sell on this site.
As mentioned it is a 2011 Pro Explorer F 'n' D with the gator hatch 2flush mount rod holders and screw-in eyelets only used 3 times @ Castaic Lagoon (freshwater only- never made it to the ocean).
Some slight abrasions at the end of the keel from loading and unloading. Comes with Highback seat with fishing pack, kayak cart (unsure of maker...think COD (disclaimer;can't confirm) 2 more flush mount rod holders (couldn't decide where to mount...on Gator hatch or on Hull).

Bought New retail is $799+tx.
Asking $550 (Firm)
Please no low-ball offers. Have already had appraised and trade-in offers at this price point.
P.M. if interested.
FFY
http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/servlet/the-198/Malibu-Pro-Explorer-Kayak/Detail
Please note the newer 2011 Pro explorers' have the center hatch length paralell with the yak as opposed to wide side left to right. Found it easier to load my bass rods with this configuration.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0020_web.JPG (99.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0021_web.JPG (95.3 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0022_web.JPG (92.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0023_web.JPG (93.7 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0001_resize.JPG (70.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0003_resize.JPG (79.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0005_resize.JPG (90.1 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0009_resize.JPG (88.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP0008_resize.JPG (94.2 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 04-04-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Correcting happy finger spelling & add pictures
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
PM sent. Bump!
Close!
Thanks for your interest!
FFY
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
FlyFishinYakr

Okay,after only receiving about half a dozen PM's on my yak, I'll give it one more week and I'll drop the price to $550. If I don't get at least that I will trade it in (which gives me some store credit and good will.
REMEMBER ONE MORE WEEK, THEN LOOK TO PAY THE MARK UP AND BUY A SEAT AND CART + TAX!
FFY.

Last edited by FlyFishinYakr; 04-04-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
FlyFishinYakr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
Okay,after only receiving about half a dozen PM's on my yak, I'll give it one more week and I'll drop the price to $550. If I don't get at least that I will trade it in (which gives me some store credit and good will.
REMEMBER ONE MORE WEEK, THEN LOOK TO PAY $600 AND BUY A SEAT AND CART + TAX!
FFY
P.S. WILL 'CONSIDER' YAK ONLY FOR $500.
Thanks for the help with the pics Luis, too bad you're so far south!
Really appreciate the assistance.
FFY.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Luis_Ochoa

Cool

no problem my friend!!
Luis_Ochoa is offline   Reply With Quote