Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
so cal shaggy

who stepped up?

Did anyone submit their name for a nomination to the statewide interest group I posted a link to the other day? I know everyone is sick of the MLPA and do want to have anything further to do with it believe me I would like to just sit back and say let the other guys handle it but unless some of us step up and volunteer to be part of these groups we will not have a voice at all. Paul and MJ have already stood their watch and they occupied positions that are far more involved than what we will be so now is the time for some of us to step up. The anti fishing groups have spent years embedding their people into these types of groups and networking to put them in positions where they have the advantage. We need to adopt the same tactics of grooming and networking with people or we will loose all of our fishing grounds both fresh and salt water.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I was hoping that one of the heavy guns would take this on but no one responded by the deadline so I submitted my name. If they accept me, I will need a lot of help and input from those more experienced with this kind of stuff.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
so cal shaggy

Bob, not to worry, if you are chosen let me know if you need anything.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
PAL

Way to go Bob. Friends, this is how its done, you pick up the baton and run with it. Bob, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Paul, I was really hoping that you or Billy or one of the dozens of hard working folks who put in so much time last year would take this thing on. Why didn't any of the really qualified folks volunteer to do this?

Who knows if I will be selected anyway. If I am, I will certainly be taking you up on your offer. I hope that I have not bitten off too much.

Bob
Old 02-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
PAL

Quote:
Paul, I was really hoping that you or Billy or one of the dozens of hard working folks who put in so much time last year would take this thing on.
Then you hoped wrong. Your statement answers its own implied question. Some of us have no more to give. The cause needs a constant supply of new blood. I'm glad you stepped up.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
kurt

Bob, thank you for stepping up. Due to slow work, I went to way too many MLPA meetings last year. Thankfully, work has picked up and I have a mortgage to struggle with, otherwise I would have volunteered to be tortured.

Post up when the meetings are. I'm sure people will be up for helping. You have all sorts of varied resources on this board. When Paul and MJ got in, they were on their own. But soon they had plenty of support, and I promise that you will also. You are a member of an outstanding community, and you will not regret doing this, no matter the outcome. I truly believe that without the fight the kayak fisherman and spear fisherman put up in the MLPA process, all of LaJolla would have been lost. These people have not gone away, or lost their passion. So hang in there!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Paul, I was really hoping that you or Billy or one of the dozens of hard working folks who put in so much time last year would take this thing on. Why didn't any of the really qualified folks volunteer to do this?

Who knows if I will be selected anyway. If I am, I will certainly be taking you up on your offer. I hope that I have not bitten off too much.

Bob
I can still contribute but I expect more folks on this board to step up, I really appreciate Bob doing so. There will be more to give, I hope more folks step up. If you are part of this gig and get good info from this group of folks there is sort of an obligation to contribute somehow. Totally understand some people can't, we've got you covered, the ones that can, should.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Let's not jump ahead of ourselves. All I have done so far is submit an application to serve with this group. I have not been actually selected nor do I know if I will be. The notice that I responded to said that they were looking for people to serve in a yet not fully defined role to help communicate between the BRTF and Stakeholders.

I did not think the BRTF had much of a role any more now that things have been turned over to the DFG but what do I know.

To further confuse things, there is a line in the application that says they are looking for help with the "MLPA North Coast Project". I did not notice that before so maybe they are looking for locals up north right now and we will get involved later.

If you are interested, here is the application.
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/pdfs/sigrequest_nc.pdf

If anyone contacts me and asks me to get involved, I will post an announcement on BWE.

Bob
Old 02-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
Lil Dougie
Junior

Bob I am very new to this site but have grown up in LJ my whole life and would just like to say thank you for stepping up.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #11
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Bob,

Thanks for stepping up...I'm in your neck of the woods, I'll help ya if I can.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote