Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Question about WSB and swivels

TOPIC #1

I was reading online about WSB in La Jolla and the obviously knowledgeable author recommended 150# swivels for his preferred WSB rigs.

If I'm using 65# braid and 40# Blackwater leader, does having more than a 50# swivel make any difference?

Are these strength measurements comparable for lines and swivels, or are we comparing different issues?

TOPIC #2

On a slightly different note, I'm currently reading and digesting Between Two and Twenty Fathoms written by Captain Mark Wisch of Huntington Beach. I'm finding it to have a lot of good local fishing tips for Southern CA without all the BS and fluff we often have to sift through. Well written. Lots of experience based details that kayak fisherpeople can relate to.

For those of you who like to study things, it's a recommendation I would like to share.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 06-24-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote