View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
Asked my son (lawyer with the DA's office) Said you would lose in court. It is a support and not load bearing. Also said if you think about it, your truck is 16 ft. long, extension is 4 ft. you would be able to extend 10 ft beyond the extension. Won't fly in court. Take it for what it is worth. If you win in court, great, if not. Have a fine to pay.
well than, we are back to square one:

EXTENSIONS TO THE REAR:
Per CVC Section 35410, the load upon a vehicle, trailer or semitrailer shall not extend to the rear beyond the last point of supportfor a greater distance than that equal to two-thirds of the length of the wheelbase. The wheelbase of a semitrailer shall be considered as the distance between the rearmost axle of the towing vehicle and the rearmost axle of the semitrailer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

True it is not load bearing, it is for support. So if they say that it is a support;then technically it is the last point of support, and you should be able to extend two-thirds of the length of the wheelbase not exceeding the 40 ft rule.

35400. (a) A vehicle may not exceed a length of 40 feet.

I am just reading the law with my own interpretation so take them with a grain of salt.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote