View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
THE DARKHORSE

Got hardcore rap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Hey Kid,
I had an over the roof rack for 3 months. Got the bed extender now.

When you load up on the roof, you pretty much have to load up your empty kayak. One, you don't want too many things floating out there at 80mph, and lifting a lot of weight overhead gets old really fast.

With the bed extender, I slide the yak in there with everything pretty much already set up. No heavy, above head lifting.

Very little if any chance of anything scratching, dinging or dripping onto your new truck, not the case with overheads (at least for me)
Night and day for me.

I would never go back.

Matt

I suppose it might depend on how far you have to drive, but I couldn't have said it better myself. I risked straining my back, tweaking my neck and shoulders---day after day, week after week, year after year. And deep down, I hated every second, but was too lazy to do anything about it. Not only the strain on your body and potential injuries, but having to wash your vehicle after every trip, too. Not that I ever washed my fishing vehicle, it smelled like a rotting squid mixed with a long-line trawler.

Every time one of my friends rolled up, with they're favorite Two Live Crew song blaring, unloaded all their gear and drove off, with that same song still bumpin'---deep down, it really, really pissed me off! Nothing against Two Live Crew, of course .

Until Thule comes along with a sponsorship deal, I'll just keep it real!