View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #71
THE DARKHORSE

Well said, Matt.

I couldn't agree more, and have nothing but respect for Brent, OEX, BWE, and all the moderators that work very hard.

No lashing out here, as I've learned from my mistakes. For the record, I've never, just come on the internet and said nasty things about anyone. I'm guilty of "responding" in a very poor fashion, I openly admit that, as it's the truth. A "knee jerk reaction" that I apolagized for, and again, I'm truly sorry.

Now for the Handyman : First off, big time congrats on the YFT, I told you it was a matter of time, and I'm truly stoked for you, if you caught one. Just like I would be if Brad or anyone else caught one, that's a true kayak trophy.

Like I said, no lashing out here, I learn from my mistakes. Chuck, you are the one who chose the route of "defaming my character on the internet", "instead of saying anything on the water," anything. How about a phone call (you have my number), an e-mail, or going with the popular P.M. method, all would of worked great.

This post of yours is nothing more than a psycho attempt to put a few needles in my voodoo doll. For the life of me, I have no idea what you are so upset about, again you said nothing on the water, and this wasn't the first time we shared the pond. We have shot P.M.'s back and forth for quite a while, I've openly shared valuable information that you were able to capitalize on, and helped you any way I could. You have my phone #, e-mail, and the option of P.M., yet you chose to "attack me on the internet", classy.

I distinctly remember, running out in waste deep water in the dark a month ago, to help you with a yardsale in 18" surf, and dragged your kayak up on the sand, to help you out. I distinctly remember showing concern, and helping you look for a rod and reel two weeks ago (different situation), even though I was losing precious time during an "early bite", to help you out. I also spent time in the afternoon (checking the gps #'s), even though I was sunburnt to a crisp, to try and help you out. I had a friend snorkel there in the early morning, successfuly talking him out of going to the cove, to help you out. For what? I never expected anything from you, I would of done the same for anyone. What did I have to gain from my actions?

My family and I are very tight also, and you and I have never discussed family values, nor have I expressed any actions to prove otherwise, so again, please don't lie (especially on the internet). Saying these kind of lies, with absolutely nothing to back it up, is a new level of low, even for you, Chuck.

Then, when I didn't think you could stoop any lower, you throw a curve ball. Bringing Fastlane into this is the only reason for my reply, as otherwise, I know the original post is 100% true, the entire play by play, with no reason to defend it from the haters. But, to make an attempt to bring harm directly or indirectly to the Lane family, is a whole nother level.
Without a doubt, the most honest, genuine, strong family, I have ever met. Truly inspiring people, with golden souls, who's reputation precedes themselve's as local royalty. I'm only aware of your one purchase (bait tank) from them, that you successfully returned for a full refund. Then you chose to post about the terrible design and your disgust, poor.

As far as being sponsored, I'm not sure what it takes to qualify. They never gave me a penny to speak highly of Hobie or Fastlane. Everything positive I've said about them is 100% my honest opinion, I just say it like it is. They basically let me barrow them, and test ride at will. I liked the kayak so much I was simply hesitant to bring it back, and if I had to, I would buy one full price, I love them. From anyone I know that has done business with them, the story is the same. I hear awesome testimonials of service, from people I've never met, that makes me proud to be associated with them.

Last edited by THE DARKHORSE; 08-20-2008 at 11:20 PM.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote