View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I know that I am preaching to the choir here but these bogus new regulations really piss me off. Forget for a moment that the process that created them was corrupt. From a practical perspective, I wonder how in the hell will anyone without GPS coordinates programed into a device with some sort of an alarm have any idea if they have crossed into the unmarked forbidden zone? Do the authorities really expect average citizens to be able to recognize the new boundaries without buoys or some other type of clear markings?

I learned from another post that the buoys marking the former reserve have moved over time and that no one bothered reset them. Have we all been breaking the law for years? I don't know anyone who would intentionally fish in a reserve but I bet that this is where most of us have been catching our bait for a long time.

I will do my best to obey the new rules but if push comes to shove I will not go down without a fight. I suspect that most of us feel the same way. Maybe the best thing to do is what my friend Martin, (TMan) has suggested. Get the section in the California constitution that says that all citizens will forever be granted the right to fish in California coastal waters laminated, and wear it around your neck instead of a fishing license.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote