Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Chuck D

Bad experience TURNED GOOD at Jig Stop Tackle & Tours!

Hello All,
I do not like to pass bad news to about a business unless I feel as if I have truly been wronged, but this is definitely the circumstance. I had ordered a Terez Rod from Jig Stop over a week ago after getting wind of a good deal to pair up a rod with my new Curado EJ. I placed the order, got a confirmation email and waited for my purchased to arrive. To my avail over a week later I get a phone call from the lady at Jig Stop that the rod is not in stock anymore and been sold out. She offered me a spinning rod which I did not want as I needed a conventional for my Curado. Anyways she passed me to the boss over there who proceeded to tell me too bad, they were on sale, too many orders were placed and were sold out. No apology or admittance of responsibility. He basically said that the internet purchase wasn't in store and they happened to be out of stock which didn't reflect on the internet and still doesn't until today (so if you placed an order you might have to deal with this BS like I did today). He offered no solution and went on to say that this happens on Amazon all the time. He was not concerned to update his quantities online in a timely fashion and really didn't even understand my frustrations. He then asked if I would like to be updated about future sales. To this I laughed and assured him that I only deal with professional businesses. It takes a lot to frustrate me but this business did, I hope his unwillingness to resolve problems, admit guilt and help out a potential future customer was well worth the poor word of mouth, which he didn't seem to care about when I mentioned that I would post this experience on our amazing kayak fishing website. Bummed, hope he is too.

*** So I need to follow up on a negative post that I had for Jig Stop in Dana Point. A couple days after I posted this I got a call from Dave at Jig Stop. He told me that he did some research and found the rod I was looking for through Shimano that was a different color and he would be more then happy to get that one shipped to me. Arrived at my house a week later, same price, stoked. I want to give a public apology to Dave at Jig Stop and let everyone know that he went the extra mile to help me out regardless of our differences. I am happy that I not only have my rod but that I can give positive feedback about a local shop rather then negative. Thanks Dave and I certainly appreciate the follow through and hope that others go through your store in the future. Cheers.

Last edited by Chuck D; 07-01-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Wrong Heading
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote