Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
jorluivil

UN-OFFICIAL HOOPING HO-LIST

Since my buddy's been procrastinating and hasn't done much to prepare I figured I'd start looking for a group to join. I'm not looking for your honey-hole, just need someone that I can join so that I'm not out there solo. I have several seasons of private boater experince but have never hooped from a yak. About the only I need to do is finish installing my stern light, I should have this done by Friday.

Last edited by jorluivil; 09-28-2010 at 12:54 AM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 05:10 AM   #2
roadx

hit me up, i'll be out Saturday morning at mission bay. im in the same boat, ahhh kayak as you. been hoop'n on boat but never on a yak

pm sent
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Jzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Since my buddy's been procrastinating and hasn't done much to prepare I figured I'd start looking for a group to join. I'm not looking for your honey-hole, just need someone that I can join so that I'm not out there solo. I have several seasons of private boater experince but have never hooped from a yak. About the only I need to do is finish installing my stern light, I should have this done by Friday.
Where are you planning to hoop? If its anywhere near Los Angeles Area, I will definitely join you in near future, not ready just yet for the opening.
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzo View Post
Where are you planning to hoop? If its anywhere near Los Angeles Area, I will definitely join you in near future, not ready just yet for the opening.
I was hoping to try my luck at one of my old sites that produced some good numbers, its in the LB area. However, considering that I no longer have to tow 3500lbs of weight around I'm open to go south if needed.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Jzo

Quote:
I was hoping to try my luck at one of my old sites that produced some good numbers, its in the LB area. However, considering that I no longer have to tow 3500lbs of weight around I'm open to go south if needed.
Got it, Im actually aiming for Oct. full moon either at KH or MDR. Good luck at the opening.
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
EVS911

Well I will be out Sunday morning about 3 am...by that time boat will be out and I will have the bay to myself...something tells me that the lobsters will hide knowing the crowds are coming...let me know if anyone want to join me...
EVS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVS911 View Post
Well I will be out Sunday morning about 3 am...by that time boat will be out and I will have the bay to myself...something tells me that the lobsters will hide knowing the crowds are coming...let me know if anyone want to join me...

You headed north or south?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:37 AM   #8
EVS911

Quote:
You headed north or south?
Not sure...maybe just mission bay jetty or even north of SI...depends where everyone else on a kayak is going...would love the company
EVS911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
ReelNasty

Jorge, its ryan on the green wilderness...awhile back. I was thinkin bout hoopin this winter. hit me up if you ever go local.
ReelNasty is offline   Reply With Quote