Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
pingpangdang

big fish possible in Dec?

Is it still possible to land a YT or WSB in December in LJK? What else might bite a trolled mac from the yak around this time? I don't want to waste bait right now if the big guys are on vacation.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
dorado50

possible but unlikely. save the bait for when the fishes come back from their vacation. They need some time to themselves right now.....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
StinkyMatt

Under fish reports go back until you hit this date in 2009, 2008.....read the reports. It seems like the catching is much slower, but the guys do get lucky just enough to keep all of our dumbasses coming back.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpangdang View Post
Is it still possible to land a YT or WSB in December in LJK? What else might bite a trolled mac from the yak around this time? I don't want to waste bait right now if the big guys are on vacation.
Not much, but maybe a thresher if lucky
-Good Luck Out There-
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
pingpangdang

Went out today. Little rough early on. A few hundred yards where I was at there was a swarm of gulls...hundreds. It went on for over 10 minutes. Thought about checking it out but I had to meet the wife at noon. I could only wonder what was schooling out there. All I could think about was throwing my jig in that frenzy. The frenzy would have been gone anyways by the time I got out there w/ paddle power. I caught a few greenies and tied one on salt water set up. I brought my light LM bass gear w/ me w/ 8lb test as my second set up (all I have at the time). Snapped a small jig on it to play w/ some macs. First drop and my line went running. Fish took all the line off my small reel and it broke off. I've caught many LMB at Miramar in the 2-3lb range w/ this pole w/ the same drag set w/ no problem. If I only had it on my sw set-up w/ braid. I need to order another off shore reel so I can troll and fish lures at the same time.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote