Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
1Flatfish
Wayne

Halloween Treat

Wy wife has been asking me all week to shave. I couldn't do it because I believe that facial hair works like fish sensor organs. Sure enough, when I got out around the La Jolla corner, my face started to tingle. The grizzle was telling me that there were yellowtail in the area... That, and I could see them about 50 yards from me on the surface.
I had planned on trolling lazily around for a while to see if I could get some bonito to bite my Yo-Zuri. Then I was going to go into the kelp and fish the bottom with my bass gear. I made no bait today. But I did have my long stick.
I had stopped trolling for a while to adjust some stuff that needed adjusting, when I saw one or two somethings crashing the surface. Not a dolphin, not a sea lion, maybe yellowtail!
I reached around and grabbed my 90J and shot a perfect long distance missile that splashed down just beyond the boil. Then... two cranks and FISH ON!

Everything worked perfectly. The cast was perfect. The bite was perfect and I worked him to the surface and gaffed him no problem. I think luck was on my side today. Probably because I was wearing my Josh Pruitt Signature Model Waders!
I was back on the beach and loaded by 9:00 am. Home by 9:45. Everything put away and in it's place and the fish cleaned by noon. What A morning!
We are truly blessed to live near a fishery like this. Enjoy it while you can.

Wayne
1Flatfish is offline   Reply With Quote