Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
There's plenty of flatties from 72nd place to Downtown Long Beach. Try launching at Cherry Beach and fishing south along the beach. No need to paddle all the way out to the wall.

A big advantage to Cabrillo is easy access to the bait barge. At Cherry you'd have to make/bring bait or fish plastics, etc.
Why not go see Nacho at LB bait, drop him a 12 pack get a kayak scoop.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
jorluivil

If you've never been to Cabrillo and you're not used to paddling in high winds I would stay away or make sure you go out with a partner. Cabrillo sits just around the corner from Portugese Bend, when the afternoon winds pick up they whip around the bend and get can pretty nasty and challenging even in a Hobie. Every so often you will see the lifeguard boats out there when the winds pick up, they're not out there for an evening cruise.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Badtaste2k

Last couple times I have launched out of Cabrillo, the only place I have launched from, a lifeguard has paddled up to me and let me know about high wind conditions. It as been pretty rough out there at times.

Dan
Badtaste2k is offline   Reply With Quote