Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
Big Wave Dave

LJ 1/15

Got a rare day off and went out to La Jolla for the first time this year. It was a beautiful day. Although the wind was supposed to be rippin, it never showed up. I was out from 0630 to 1630. Caught a nice BSB and a nice leopard. Although I had to release them both, they put up a good fight, especially the BSB. The whales and dolphins were putting on a show as well. I took plenty of pictures, but I was using the navigator app on my phone and the button I thought reset the camera actually said retake the picture... my bad. I didn't catch a single rock fish. They must know they're out of season.
Big Wave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
TJones

Thx for report

Not very many on the water , everyone must have the winter doldrums . I arrived at 0730. I watched the sunset and the moonrise on the water. Lj is one magical place. I must have lost track of time on water.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
shark
Junior

la jolla 1/16/14

first time out at la jolla better than all the pictures I've looking at, thanks to all that post great pics. took two little waves over the front that was a wake up call. hooked into what we believe was bsb could not slow him was on 40lb test. first la jolla sleigh ride,awesome. 50 minutes or more ltr buttoned it to see if i could get a better look/picture. pulled the hook. great day with J.D. THANKS LA JOLLA
shark is offline   Reply With Quote