Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

That might be a little underestimated Greg. I have a spot just outside the last kelp almost straight out from the launch and it is 2.25 miles from the launch and the area where the squid were last year is . 5 to..75 miles beyond that and you are still less than 75 ft of water. Not sure of the distance to the NW corner but I would estimate less than 2 miles. But like you said lots of options. I finished last year with a 30 pound flatty less than 200 yards from the truck. Really going to be interesting to see what this group comes up with.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
erinoo

Been under the weather but I'll play. Drinks, and something good to eat from costco.
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
cabojohn
PROBATION

*I will bring the shotgun for the start of the event since Troy has the video / media handled.

2-3' surf at Lake SanO...is almost flat like conditions.
I'll know for sure if I am going to make it Saturday evening after I check the surf report again? I suffer from IMAWUSS-ITUS and may just watch from the peanut gallery.
Edit
**Pasta Salad**

Last edited by cabojohn; 01-17-2015 at 07:09 PM.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
GregAndrew

Potato and Macaroni salads.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
That might be a little underestimated Greg. I have a spot just outside the last kelp almost straight out from the launch and it is 2.25 miles from the launch and the area where the squid were last year is . 5 to..75 miles beyond that and you are still less than 75 ft of water. Not sure of the distance to the NW corner but I would estimate less than 2 miles. But like you said lots of options. I finished last year with a 30 pound flatty less than 200 yards from the truck. Really going to be interesting to see what this group comes up with.
Damn, I really overestimated the distance to the NW Corner didn't I lol. Must be because of the South bound current that is always going when I come back from there.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote