Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #1
voodoo
Junior

MB report out of Dana landing 2\8

Finally got to the water around ten am. Wind was blowing hard and the bay was super choppy . Struggled against the wind and had my kid practice his casting. Just about to call the trip after an hour of fighting the wind and current the boy pulls up a bunch of weeds. However this time he pulled up a lil spotty. He was pretty happy. I did get bite but missed him.. The wind decided to make our trip a short one but he finally got a fish. Home this will make him want to continue to go out. Thanks to AmishEd ....
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Amish Ed

You're welcome. What did he get it on?
Old 02-10-2015, 07:02 AM   #3
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Way to spend quality time with the kids.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Yakoff
Junior

Nice man. I believe I met you you at the launch ramp. I was in a blue tarpon. What did your boy get that fish on?
Yakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
voodoo
Junior

He got it on a white gulp curly tailed grub. He was pretty stoked. It was an eventful day for only an hour 1\2 on the water. Right after getting back to the launch ramp we started getting or gear organized for travel and while my son was getting the wheels I was watching the boats docking up waiting to see other people's catch. One of the boats was having trouble restarting and he punched it full throttle!! He must have had the wheel turned because this thing revved and went full on 90 degrees sideways and almost flipped it. By some grace of God he saved it and almost got out without a scratch or a ding but he clipped a boat that was docked. I couldn't believe what I just watched and then I couldn't believe he didn't turn it over. I helped him trailer his boat after he ran aground 2 times . thankfully the tide was coming in and it would surge to help him float.
We walked the yak to the truck,got er loaded up and had the kid practice casting toward the docks without hitting anything. He's coming along just fine.
THEN .....we walked over to the place that sells the Hobie's....and I fell in love! Holy smokes they've gotten nice in the last ten years. I feel like Brooks from The Shawshank redemption when he gets out of prison and everything is way different than he remembered it.
Sorry for the long winded report but I was so sick yesterday and today I feel way better.

Yakoff ---- if you gave us the grubs then yes that was us...and thanks a bunch that made his day.
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #6
EastLosYaker

That's why I'll stick with my kayak!
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #7
Yakoff
Junior

Glad the grub worked for you

Nice man! Yea that was me.
Yakoff is offline   Reply With Quote