Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
madscientist

LJ 3/14 AM

Got out a little after Andy around 5:30am. Launch was small and wind was calm. Lots of bait on the surface by the buoy but it was tough to make macs. Managed a pair of greenies and added some spanish out deeper. Lots of life on the surface but the water was a dirty brown. Lots of particulates stirred up and horrible vis. Some dolphins cruised by and worked some bait outside, but that was all the life I saw. Andy was still out when I landed so maybe he found something better. Water chilly. Shaping up to be a lousy spring.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
Dennis

I got out a little before Andy. Tried to make bait, but also tough. I managed a sand dab on the sabiki, an octopus on the iron, and a bass on the knife. Nice day out.

Get out there before the rain comes!
-Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
DaveC

Dennis and Brad, thanks for the report. I'm thinking about giving it a go tomorrow but just might hit the to do list instead based on your reports. Dennis, what are you paddling these days? I don't recognize the yak in your pics. I'm looking to move into something different myself.

Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
Dennis

Dave,
I'm paddling the Tarpon 140. It's nice! I remember you were going to switch also. No more FND, huh? What are you looking at getting?
-D
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
vellocity

thanks for the report guys...

why did you change yaks Dennis? you just started getting the blue one all stinky and smelly!!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

I launched after Dennis and before Brad Morning started out killer. Clear skies and the setting moon. North wind came up later in the morning. All my fish came on the.........................sabiki. a couple sand dabs, lizards, spanish and greenbacks. I flylined a bait for the first time in a looong time. Had one low as well, then switched to the rapala for the paddle in. Water seemed to get dirtier as I went out.......maybe Thursday, if the weather looks good.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
DaveC

Dennis, I am selling my FnD to my brother. Right now I'm fishing an OK Malibu II XL which works out pretty good. I got it for taking my kids fishing with me. I like how much better it paddles than the FnD. So now I'm thinking Prowler. I am going to lie in wait and hope a good deal turns up before the spring bite really kicks in.

Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote