Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #1
Three3Divine
Junior

2009 wilderness tarpons

hey does any one know if you can get the scupper plugs under the seat out/unplugged cuz it makes going threw surf a pain

thanks
three3divine
Three3Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
Siebler

Yep just unbolt the seat and pull them out. The seat comes out with something like 4 screws, pretty easy.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
JoeBeck

Yeah, I just took mine out last weekend. Easy, although I was wondering why I kept sitting in water when with the new design the seat it is supposed to drain. I'm surprised the scupper holes under a bolted down seat come plugged. Not sure the reasoning why they would do this but I would suggest if you launch through surf to take the time to remove them.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
comrad_zeelaagee

i'm not sure why they took out the rear hull access port. seems to me doing this makes it far less convenient to run electrical for a bait tank. anybody with the scoop on that?
comrad_zeelaagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
lengado4
Junior

First thing tomorrow.

Took a lot of sponging to got the water out of my tarpon 100 seat last week I had a rather rough entery and exit they where not pretty and put my leash's thru the test. but any landing you can walk away from is a good one. Saw them this after noon when I was installing my fish finder. Made slides for the rails from 1/2 x1/8 aluminium flat stock drilled and tapped with 10/32 stainless bolts and nylon loops. NO holes.
Thanks
lengado4 is offline   Reply With Quote