Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #41
Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarrels View Post
I would buy another as well....Great kayak but I would have a different bait tank setup (5 gallon bucket) that doesn't sit inside the kayak.....or just make sure the sit inside bait tank was only ran with a timer switch (never had an issue prior to that day).....
What is the reason that you think it was the timer? I have had my x factor for at least 4 years now and have never ran it on a timer. The only time that I can see a continuous flow being a problem would be if your exhaust clogged and the tank started to overflow. But you would get the same result if you ran the tank on a timer. And the exhaust on that drop in tank is huge. I'm mostly interested because I'm still running mine without a timer and maybe there is something I'm missing? I do run the adjustable aerator head but I dunno. Care to elaborate.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #42
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapdawg711 View Post
What is the reason that you think it was the timer? I have had my x factor for at least 4 years now and have never ran it on a timer. The only time that I can see a continuous flow being a problem would be if your exhaust clogged and the tank started to overflow. But you would get the same result if you ran the tank on a timer. And the exhaust on that drop in tank is huge. I'm mostly interested because I'm still running mine without a timer and maybe there is something I'm missing? I do run the adjustable aerator head but I dunno. Care to elaborate.
This is only speculation on my part at this point. Running it without a timer is the only thing that I did differently that day. I never had much in way of water issues prior to that day......that is why I thought it was possible mistake #1. No clogging issues, no hull or scupper issues, not 100 % sure what happenned
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote